Squires

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
George

Re: Squires

Post by George »

Well said Coyotedave, in fact I met you there a few years ago and lately through the ABR.

I also have been to the Ace and many others but Squires is relaxed with a fantastic eclectic bike gathering on most sunny days and evenings along with all the other events.

What better place to meet, and what a sun trap!

Long may it continue.

Cheers.
Elle

Post by Elle »

coyotedave wrote:I've been giving this some thought since reading the thread, So.....
Knowing how long you've been a patron of Squires, you crossed my mind when I posted on the "other" forum. :)

Irrespective of the existing failings of Squires, it's still a good place to meet old friends and make new ones. It's an ideal location for meeting others before or after a ride. No one is forced to buy a drink or taste the food!

Over the years, I've made friends with many that I only ever chat to at Squires & would be very sad to see it taken over by an anti-biker :unsure:
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
RichW

Post by RichW »

Well my first post and quite apt as it was Squires where i cut my biking teeth, having moved to Sherburn when i was 11 years of age, some 31 years ago :dry:

As has been said, very very sad times that its up for sale, having said that, i cannot see anyone buying it to turn it back into a normal pub, or even to develop on the site, 1.6 million is for an ongoing healthy business - which of course the place is come summer time.

What we can look forward to is *hopefully* a make over by new owners, the place does need an update, theres no excuse for the state of the toilets for example.

It will never be what the old place was to us old skool visitors, but biking has moved on, even if some of the afore mentioned middle-age spread leather clad bikers havent :blink:

I will wish any new prospective owners luck, and i hope that Jason can keep his job, its just a shame Harry and Sue are no longer young enough to start it all over again, they were the days it has to be said (thumbs)
Elle

Post by Elle »

RichW wrote: What we can look forward to is *hopefully* a make over by new owners, the place does need an update, theres no excuse for the state of the toilets for example.
I agree :)
But the men's got updated last year! I was looking forward to the Ladies having a makeover too but all we got was a big mirror and a new hand-dryer.

Squires is on my doorstep. Called into tonight after a ride out. They had the coal fire going but the central heating was switched off. It's no wonder why people stop going in winter :angry:
Someone with a really good business plan and a genuine interest needs to own it.
Maybe we should petition ABR Alun to buy it? :P
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”