701 Husky v 700 Yam twin

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
Richard Simpson Mark II

701 Husky v 700 Yam twin

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

with riders of average ability, in conditions that could almost be Wales (but aren't).

daveuprite

Re: 701 Husky v 700 Yam twin

Post by daveuprite »

A good watch. Impressive that even the T7 can manage the nadgery bits (e.g. at 10 minutes). All very good until you get it wrong and have to stop and restart in the middle of the nadge, which is hard on such a big bike. And I wouldn't want to have to pick it up time after time.

But I'm amazed, frankly, that it can be ridden on trails like that. Those riders are clearly good, but not expert by any means, so even more impressive. The 701 is still more my thing, I think, but the fact that the T7 could be ridden comfortably on a long tarmac tour, and then turn on to a dirt bike trail is just great.

Mind you, Steve from Up-North-Land, rode all the way to Catalunya last year on his 701 and still hammered every trail with us in the mountains. So the Husky can do it too.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: 701 Husky v 700 Yam twin

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Yes, they were middle-aged blokes who were obviously good weekend riders, but not professional stunt-monkeys. The tracks were a lot more difficult than they first looked...they appeared in part to be running an enduro loop in reverse, with all that that entails in the form of debris and branches facing the 'wrong way'.

The Yam did very well, for what it was. It was difficult to tell how much of 'the problem' was the 'cough and stall' which some riders have reported, and how much was just the side-stand cut-out switch.

The Husky (white KTM) was unsurprisingly the better bike for what they were doing...but the Yam would probably run almost forever with just a periodic oil-change.

They are both pretty hefty bikes for that kind of terrain.

Return to “VIDEOS”