A Colonial saying 'Hey'!

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
DustyBoots

A Colonial saying 'Hey'!

Post by DustyBoots »

Thanks for the add.
I go by the moniker of Dusty to all my biking friends here in Canada and the US. I have been riding since the age of 14, so over 51 yrs of riding experience.
I currently ride a 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour, but have ridden many bikes. I use to be a competition Enduro Rider back in the day.
I am known as a high mileage rider, usually averaging at least 35,000+ km per year and have ridden/camped pretty well all over Canada and the USA
I will be coming across the pond this summer to the South Croydon area of the UK and then heading over to tour what I can of Europe in the almost 2 months I have allotted, with the free use of a friend's 2006 Honda PanEuropean and camping kit .
I plan on riding anti-clockwise once I get off the EuroTunnel (tent camp as much as possible) and riding through as much of Europe as possible without making it hurried 'blur'
Looking for some advice on routes, camping pitches and things to see, but I do tend to shy away from motorways and well built up urban centres
IMG_5835 - 2.jpg
IMG_5835 - 2.jpg (178.35 KiB) Viewed 2164 times

Dusty
Last edited by DustyBoots on Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flintlock

Re: A Colonial saying 'Hey'!

Post by Flintlock »

Hello & welcome.

An area of France I was very impressed with was the Vercors Region (South of Lyon) - only passed through it, but would be a great region to explore on a motorbike over a few days

Are you going to include the UK & Ireland on your tour?
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

DustyBoots wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:48 pm Thanks for the add.
I go by the moniker of Dusty to all my biking friends here in Canada and the US. I have been riding since the age of 14, so over 51 yrs of riding experience.
I currently ride a 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour, but have ridden many bikes. I use to be a competition Enduro Rider back in the day.
I am known as a high mileage rider, usually averaging at least 35,000+ km per year and have ridden/camped pretty well all over Canada and the USA
I will be coming across the pond this summer to the South Croydon area of the UK and then heading over to tour what I can of Europe in the almost 2 months I have allotted, with the free use of a friend's 2006 Honda PanEuropean and camping kit .
I plan on riding anti-clockwise once I get off the EuroTunnel (tent camp as much as possible) and riding through as much of Europe as possible without making it hurried 'blur'
Looking for some advice on routes, camping pitches and things to see, but I do tend to shy away from well motorways and built up urban centres

IMG_5835 - 2.jpg

Dusty
Hey Dusty, welcome to the forum! There's so, so much to see and do in Europe! Like Flintlock said, the Vercors are a must and from there you can head into the Alps where you can't really go wrong. Recently we published a guide to motorcycling in Italy which you might find useful, you can download it here: https://www.adventurebikerider.com/24-p ... -in-italy/
DustyBoots

Post by DustyBoots »

Flintlock wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:12 pm Hello & welcome.

An area of France I was very impressed with was the Vercors Region (South of Lyon) - only passed through it, but would be a great region to explore on a motorbike over a few days

Are you going to include the UK & Ireland on your tour?
Thanks for the Welcome! :!:
Unfortunately, Ireland is not on the schedule this time round.
I will be landing on June 17, heading over to Europe on the 19th, crossing back over July 31. A quick stop back at South Croydon and then head north to Scotland (my mother was born/raised in Dundee) and hope to do the North Coast 500 and back to home base by Aug 10, as I fly home on the 11th
The Vercors area is on my list, thanks

Dusty
Last edited by DustyBoots on Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DustyBoots

Post by DustyBoots »

Bryn wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:33 pm
Hey Dusty, welcome to the forum! There's so, so much to see and do in Europe! Like Flintlock said, the Vercors are a must and from there you can head into the Alps where you can't really go wrong. Recently we published a guide to motorcycling in Italy which you might find useful, you can download it here: https://www.adventurebikerider.com/24-p ... -in-italy/

Thanks for the link, Bryn.
I've bookmarked that and will read it later.

Thanks again

Cheers, Dusty

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”