Get my R1100RT seats recovered

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

I've bought an R1100RT to replace the K1100 which had a clutch failure.

It's a very different bike- the handling's a lot better for one thing and it's also a lot tidier. Not completely convinced by the OpalBlau colour but anyway...

The thing that I'd like to get fixed is the seat cover. The one fitted is a bit, well horrible; it's grey and blue and sort of matches the bike colour. Badly.

https://goo.gl/photos/1qEWSLvAv5dQeez16

If I look at the 'standard' pictures the seat was black and the bike looks a lot better.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to recover the seats? If it was in the Bristol area it would be good, but failing this I'd be happy enough to send the seats away fpr recovering.

Thanks in advance!
AndyB

Re: Get my R1100RT seats recovered

Post by AndyB »

Just coat it in gaffer tape. You're going to abuse the hell out of it so why get precious about it?
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

AndyB wrote:Just coat it in gaffer tape. You're going to abuse the hell out of it so why get precious about it?
I'm not going to abuse it for at least two months. Let me believe this one's going to be different.
hotbulb

Post by hotbulb »

There's a chap called Digger in Newport .... I've no direct experience but have heard good reports. I'll try to find a link.

Sent from my PD103GF-P using Tapatalk
Ah, here we are!
http://www.diggerseats.co.uk/Home.html
Chunkychops

Post by Chunkychops »

MJR Upholstery in Taunton, Somerset. I used him when some toe-rag slashed my bike seat. He did an astonishingly good job and wasn't that expensive either. He does all sorts from classic cars to marine and your run of the mill domestic stuff
there is also the Leather Workshop over at Withycombe on the Minehead Road and they have repaired my leathers and pannier liners but again they do all sorts.
Big Red

Post by Big Red »

I use Tony Archer in Huddersfield. He does a very good job and isnt expensive
bimota

Post by bimota »

hotbulb wrote:There's a chap called Digger in Newport .... I've no direct experience but have heard good reports. I'll try to find a link.

Sent from my PD103GF-P using Tapatalk
Ah, here we are!
http://www.diggerseats.co.uk/Home.html
I,ve had 4 seats done by him and my mates bike shop uses him regular great service and prices.
heres the last one done on my gts100
rob

Return to “HOW TO..........”