Hampshire.

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
herman

Hampshire.

Post by herman »

Alton caff,every wednesday evening,real mix of all bikes,chairs,trikes,etc. Ducati dealership stays open til late,caff is very good,fish and chips an easy walk as is a pub or two and even an ice cream van in attendance. Leave the A31 from either side of Alton and follow the signs to the railway station.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
davsato

Re:Hampshire.

Post by davsato »

yes, a good meet. another is micks burgers on portsdown hill. although its not really a meet, being a 24hr burger van all sorts of clubs and groups from cyclists to tanks are always coming and going. great burgers too, and "sarahs" just along a bit is good too.

theres also loomies, on the A32/A272 crossroads
Dave
k12pfc

Post by k12pfc »

davsato wrote:
Loomies is a good biking place and the food is reasonable and unusually the coffee is good and served in proper mugs, sit outside and watch scores of bikes go by on 2 of the South's best biking roads, A32 and A372.
Play up Pompey
davsato

Post by davsato »

k12pfc wrote:
davsato wrote:
Loomies is a good biking place and the food is reasonable and unusually the coffee is good and served in proper mugs, sit outside and watch scores of bikes go by on 2 of the South's best biking roads, A32 and A372.
A272 is being steadily ruined by jerkoffs with sportsbikes who think its their own personal race track, and dont know how to go round a bend, ignoring white lines and other road markings and there is a death or serious crash nearly every month now. i dont care if they just kill themselves, but they ruin it for everyone else there will be a blanket 40mph along there soon
Dave
Sprockette

Re: Hampshire.

Post by Sprockette »

Alton is a good one, remember the Lord Derby one too? What happened to that one? Never went for a while and then it had stopped, heard the police had stopped it but not sure what really happened. Once saw someone riding a sportbike there with nothing but speedos, flip flops and a crosser helmet on! :laugh:
herman

Post by herman »

Same pratts as Dave mentioned ruined it,wheelies up the dual carriage way and knee sliding it round the roundabout....saw one bin it into the crowd so I lost interest at that point. What the idiots did'nt realise is the optica was overhead filming them :unsure:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
les049

Post by les049 »

So the Question is,,is anyone up for a ride out up to Alton this wednesday, could start from Micks at the top of Portsdown Hill and work our way up picking up stragglers as we go ?
k12pfc

Post by k12pfc »

What time are you thinking?
Play up Pompey
davsato

Post by davsato »

i would be mate, but im up at 0530 for an early start to north wales thurs morning. hopefully its gonna be a regular thing though

perhaps we should start a hampshire group in the relevant forum section? if we all join, and weve all got a couple of biking mates to bring along, itll be a decent size group before we know it
Dave
Sprockette

Post by Sprockette »

davsato wrote:perhaps we should start a hampshire group in the relevant forum section? if we all join, and weve all got a couple of biking mates to bring along, itll be a decent size group before we know it
Sounds like a good idea, I'm caught in between many groups. I think Hampshire, Wiltshire and Berkshire are inbetweeners at the moment, so to speak.

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”