Shipping bike to Canada ?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
russ_fae_fyvie

Shipping bike to Canada ?

Post by russ_fae_fyvie »

Just a question guys in case someone has the info.

We were looking at touring Canada next year (well part of it!) and looking at a couple of hire companies got me to thinking whether its feasible to have my own bike shipped over there and back instead of hiring one ?

Just wondered if anyone had done it, is it worth it and are there any decent companies out there who would do it ?

cheers
Nickw909

Re: Shipping bike to Canada ?

Post by Nickw909 »

I haven't done it and can't tell you how much it costs, but I have heard that James Cargo provide a good service.

http://www.jamescargo.com/motorcycle_transportation/

Nick.
kawasakier6f

Post by kawasakier6f »

James cargo, already beat me to it.

I think there was an article in one of the ABR mags recently about shipping bikes across the water.
The achievement is in....every stranger that is now a friend.
Dazzer

Post by Dazzer »

I had a few quotes from James Cargo but they always were higher than other companies.

We shipped from Korea to Seattle for $1150 including insurance and all fees. That was through Wendy Choi shipping.

If you do a search on Google you will find lots of shipping agents.If you email them in plenty of time many will fit a bike in a part full container.

The 3 times we had to ship on our trip we managed it without having to crate the bike, which saves quite a few £££.
It was just a case of taking the bike to the agents warehouse with as little fuel in as possible. Filling in the paperwork and then collecting it 2 or 3 weeks later from another warehouse at the port of your next destination .

It was far easier than you would think.

Dazzer
Fantastic Mrs Fox

Post by Fantastic Mrs Fox »

Agreed James Cargo are really pricey compared to other places we are actually flying our bikes over to Canada in September with a company called Phoenix Air Cargo really reasonably priced and to save costs we will van the bikes over to but they can pick up aswell.
http://www.phoenix-cargo.com/
Elle

Post by Elle »

Dazzer wrote:The 3 times we had to ship on our trip we managed it without having to crate the bike, which saves quite a few £££.
It was just a case of taking the bike to the agents warehouse with as little fuel in as possible. Filling in the paperwork and then collecting it 2 or 3 weeks later from another warehouse at the port of your next destination .
It was far easier than you would think.
Dazzer
That's a great tip :)
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way

Return to “TRAVEL”