Safe Riding

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
corbine

Safe Riding

Post by corbine »

Icare are providing an upcoming course in conjunction with Ocean BMW Plymouth. Rates are discounted to £30 for attendees
ICARE

We are pleased to reveal details of a forthcoming training course, to be held at Ocean Plymouth.

ICARE ' Immediate Care At the Roadside in an Emergency' is a first aid course specifically designed with motorcyclists in mind. It will supply the participants with the knowledge and skills required to manage the scene of an accident and deals with the different types of life threatening trauma encountered at the scene.

Course Content

Scene Safety
Mechanism of Injury
Emergency techniques uncluding removal of motorcycle helmet
Basic life support

Course duration
This is a one day course, 0930 - 1630hrs
Assessment

Continuous assessment by our SWAST Trainer*

*Training will be provided by a South West Ambulance Service 'Clinical Tutor'

Certification

Successful participants will receive a SWAST certificate. The certificate will be valid for three years and it is recommended that participants attend an annual half day course to update their skills.

Further details

The ICARE course will be held on a Saturday in a dedicated training room at Ocean Plymouth. There will be a maximum of 12 participants.

No previous first aid experience is necessary.

We are hoping to be able to offer this course at a subsidised rate of £30* - exclusively for Ocean Plymouth customers - this will include complimentary refreshments from Ocean Cafe!.

Email here to register your interest in attending this course (Date/s and costs to be confirmed).

*Normal course cost is £550 (approx £45 each)

Corbs- I thought this might interest some of you?

I think this is the icare website?
http://www.emagister.co.uk/icare_immedi ... 322567.htm

this is BMW Plymouth Motorcycles website
http://www.oceanbmwbikes.co.uk/
tel:01752 202828

You never know guys and girls for £30 you might learn to be useful , or even make a difference if you come across a nasty accident? rta?

Maybe worth checking where the icare group are also offering courses from, more local to yourselves, if distance is an issue? :-)

Corbs:-)
corbine

Re: ICARE- Immediate Care At The Roadside

Post by corbine »

bump - what could have been done re this crash? accident circa 5 mins. lucky fellow-phew. Do Not Watch If Easily Upset - the rider survived but it makes uncomfortable viewing for some. viewer discretion advised
Stubbsie

Post by Stubbsie »

This looks a good deal only £45.00 bike orientated & tailored for bike riders.
Nice one Corbine
corbine

Post by corbine »

Thanks Stubbsie- Ocean are discounting it to £30. maybe the organisers can price match at other biker venues if interest is sufficient? roll it out nationwide?
did you get to see the crash on the youtube vid? all seemed so well, enjoying the ride and unreal what happened? probably wasnt the best example due to remoteness of location but his mate drove past and didnt even know where he had gone. incredibly lucky.eh? :-)
corbine

Post by corbine »

Bump-the season is upon us. Icare are providing excellent first aid/rider courses.....

http://www.emagister.co.uk/icare_immedi ... 322567.htm
Stubbsie

Post by Stubbsie »

Yes I watched the video.
Any off road incident is always an epic, even mountain biking, that's a nightmare scenario, it happened to me a couple of years ago on my mountain bike.
Remote activities are brilliant until it goes wrong, good reason to ride as a couple, just incase.
rickbat

Post by rickbat »

Stubbsie wrote:Yes I watched the video.
Any off road incident is always an epic, even mountain biking, that's a nightmare scenario, it happened to me a couple of years ago on my mountain bike.
Remote activities are brilliant until it goes wrong, good reason to ride as a couple, just incase.
and even as a couple its worth taking a couple of cheap 2 way radios just in case something similar to the vid happens
If it doesnt have dirt on it, its because you're not riding it hard enough

corbine

Post by corbine »

bump-ride safe people-...
corbine

Post by corbine »

bump...
corbine

Post by corbine »