Multiple video cameras recorded cheap

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
RoadTrekker

Multiple video cameras recorded cheap

Post by RoadTrekker »

Have you ever thought about wanting to have more than one video camera on your bike to record different angles and positions but cannot afford to buy them, then I have a solution.

1. You will need a top box or pannier to carry a small notebook PC in(you will some soft sponge padding)
2. Next buy or borrow from your friends their web cameras preferably ones with a croc clip on fixing.
3: Temporarily install the web cameras anywhere on the bike making sure that the cables are fixed safely then connect them to your notebook USB connections or USB HUB if more than 2.
4. You will need to install some special free software onto your notebook you can get it from here....http://download.cnet.com/Multi-Webcam-V ... 07161.html
5. Set up the parameters you want and run the program and all the video will store onto your Hard Disc
6. You can even set up the cameras as time lapse stills photographic cameras

I am not saying the quality is fantastic but you can have some fun with it and use it to add to your other videos.

You can also use it as video survaillance for home security or to watch your bike!

Have fun

Return to “HOW TO..........”