Hampshire.

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
davsato

Re: Hampshire.

Post by davsato »

Dave
les049

Post by les049 »

Anyone who's interested will look to leave from Portsdown for 6pm, then quick stop at LOOMIES to pick up any stragglers then on to ALTON. Quick brew, chat rubbish, look at shiney bikes go oh and argh then back down the 32 for slippers n horlicks.
davsato

Post by davsato »

lets try and revive the thread a bit!

i realise neither are actually in hampshire so no disparaging remarks about my geophraggy please, but the hilltop diner near salisbury has reopened under new ownership and a new name, its now CLEARWAYS DINER

and WHITEWAYS CAFE at bury hill on the A29 near arundel is always a top burger,
Dave
Gedge

Re:Hampshire.

Post by Gedge »

davsato wrote:yes, a good meet. another is micks burgers on portsdown hill. although its not really a meet, being a 24hr burger van all sorts of clubs and groups from cyclists to tanks are always coming and going. great burgers too, and "sarahs" just along a bit is good too.

theres also loomies, on the A32/A272 crossroads
Sarahs has been long gone..Trish's at the Southwick roundabout has the best food and chairs and tables on dry days..much better than Micks and no wind..Some of us also use the Armouries at Fort Nelson as its indoors and warm ..Food isnt bad either although limited choices....
davsato

Post by davsato »

hi gedge (are you the gran passo guy?) yeah "sarahs" dissappeared when they re-tarmaced the patch the van was on, and never came back. i like to think they found a better spot and didnt go under.

trish's does great baguettes, but doesnt seem to be there many times i go out.

we have an informal sunday breakfast club with the 50/50 object of having a little ride and stuffing our faces, we've found the best breakfasts are in pubs! most of the chains do breakfasts and this time of year its nice to be indoors out of the wind, our favourites are
harvester (bacon, pancakes & maple syrup, nom nom nom, unlimited tea & coffee too)
the great oak in petersfield (all you can eat cooked to order, £7.25, also very good unlimited continental breakfast £5ish if you dont want cooked)
and the alma (one of those carvery type pubs, but they do an unlimited breakie too)
Dave
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Thanks Gedge for info about the Armouries - will have to give it a try out. Been past it god knows how many times but never stopped.

Cheers,

Paul :)
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Oh and Dave - thanks for info, will bear it in mind next time I'm out and about.

Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Gordon Bennet, Southwick roundabout Portsdowm Hill, lots of flash backs there :pinch: cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
drdaveboy

Post by drdaveboy »

Would say the harvester eat all you can brekkie is probably better value for money than loomies big brekkie at a whopping £8.95 , think some people started to eat in pub opposite loomies with 2 meals for £10 but agree tea is good at loomies
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

PaulG wrote:Thanks Gedge for info about the Armouries - will have to give it a try out. Been past it god knows how many times but never stopped.

Cheers,

Its also free entry to the museum which is interesting if you are into military hardware....

Park outside the Cafe doors...they dont mind bikes there

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”