Scottish newbie living in Portugal

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Rust2000

Scottish newbie living in Portugal

Post by Rust2000 »

Hi Everyone,

Just signed up here. On a number of other forums but since I am booked into the ABR Festival, should it go ahead, I thought it would be good to check this out.
I am a 62 year old guy with 49 years of riding experience. Still learning! I have three bikes at the moment - 2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX, 2016 Aprilia Caponord 1200 Rally and a Triumph ST1050 Sprint. I live in a bikers' paradise, at least for 9 months of the year (wet the other three) and have toured France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Sweden and Ireland. Have only started exploring Portugal. Have plans to tour Morroco and Algeria once things are back to normal. Any advice on this region would be helpful!

Cheers for now

Russell
Peirre

Re: Scottish newbie living in Portugal

Post by Peirre »

Portugal is a big place so if you can narrow down the area/region you are in that would help. Knowing the situation atm in Portugal is dire going anywhere on a motorcycle ride unlikely.
But if your in the Algarve there’s always the N2, but that’s pretty flat and boring till you get past Sao Bras and get to Beja district further north. Heading up the west coast from Sagres if you stick to the lesser roads then there’s some decent scenery all the way up to the ferry for setubal.
In Centro you have the area west of Lisboa where a lot of Sunday riders meet at Cabo Espichel. East of Lisboa you can follow the Tijo river valley. Then further north you have the Duro river valley, and the Serre De Estrela (with the Portuguese Stelvio). If you follow the N2 between Gois and Viseu there’s some great riding roads and some of the more historical places
Rust2000

Post by Rust2000 »

I live near Tomar in central Portugal. The N2 is 10k away from me. The roads around me are bliss with lots of trails too. Portugal is definitely a must visit European country!
v8mark

Post by v8mark »

hi I have a mate who lives in Coimbra , rode down there and the off roading was fantastic as were the people , looking to go visit him soon great country

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”