petition update

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
captinktm

Re: petition

Post by captinktm »

daveuprite wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:29 pm
captinktm wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:44 pm
bill_qaz wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:44 pm It is not helping to encourage signatures with the squabbling, please remove the off topic posts guys, Thanks Bill :D
No sorry no can do, I am sick a tired of guys adding needless post, and being sarky. I posted a legitimate post. It's irrelevant weather you wanted to discus this as other's obviously did. I got a warning from admin for so called abuse this is exactly the same and nothing is done. Beside the only thing that is keeping this petition on the front page is this shite. It's strange how important topics like this get very little following and rubbish about electric push bike goes on for weeks. Sad. Feel free to ban me.
Well you asked for it. Maybe it''ll happen. You could help yourself enormously by just being less confrontational simply for the sake of it. It's easy hiding behind anonymity to trash people who happen to hold a different opinion than your own.

Why not take a different approach? Why not look for things that you have in common? Why not treat a forum like this as a chance to ask for help from others when you need it, and offer help to others when you can? It's not an opportunity to prove how much you know about something. It's not a place to demonstrate your oneupmanship. It's a space for helping each other to enjoy our hobby that bit more than we would if we were all on our own.

You clearly have lots to offer and advice to give. But it's about the WAY in which you give that advice. Not to elevate yourself, but to share in what you have learnt over the years to help other people to get as much out of adventure biking as you have gained yourself.
You cheeky sod, there is no secret who I am and for that matter where I live. I take your hiding behind amenity as a threat but I guess admin will do nothing about it. If you want my address then come right out and say it. As I have said to many others on here all are welcome (not mike54). I only get involved with posts that I have personnel experience of, I only give advice on things I know work, and I get angry about guys like you that post shit like this, which as nothing to do with this post. You could have sent a personnel message but chose to do it on here to score some points. If guys don't want to be challenge on my post then don't add anything. Considering the WAY i post I sure do get a lot of thanks. Strange that hey. As for you Dave I have sent you a PM with my own details as you feel I am hiding behind them.
Last edited by captinktm on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captinktm

Post by captinktm »

sprintster wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:55 pm I've signed the petition but I thought the whole idea of a forum was to have discussions.To me,basically saying sign this or fuck off is wrong.So someone signs the petition and then wants to make a comment in sympathy with bikers and then gets abuse from one of the usual suspects.Then the OP comes on and says "Thanks for sharing your stories" WTF?
I used to really like this forum but it's no wonder I hardly look at it now. :(
Thanks for this post boss I thought I was going mad.
captinktm

Post by captinktm »

bill_qaz wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:59 pm
by captinktm » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:44 pm

bill_qaz wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:44 pm
It is not helping to encourage signatures with the squabbling, please remove the off topic posts guys, Thanks Bill :D

No sorry no can do, I am sick a tired of guys adding needless post, and being sarky. I posted a legitimate post. It's irrelevant weather you wanted to discus this as other's obviously did. I got a warning from admin for so called abuse this is exactly the same and nothing is done. Beside the only thing that is keeping this petition on the front page is this shite. It's strange how important topics like this get very little following and rubbish about electric push bike goes on for weeks. Sad. Feel free to ban me.
I did not aim my request at you specifically I was simply asking to stay on topic and requesting the beef between you and whoever is taken away from my OP. I do not understand the relevance of your latest comment and I certainly don't need anybody's "shite" as you call it to keep this petition on the front page thanks all the same. My reason for requesting no discussion was to avoid it turning into the personal slanging match it seems to have now become between you and other forum members and now I am in the discussion. much against my better judgement but feel I now need to respond.
The petition is not mine I just posted it for support signatures not a battle of words.

Firstly you have no right to ask folk to remove posts. Secondly you have no right to dictate weather a post is discussed or not, it's a forum. You stated that YOU did n't want to discuss it, which is fair enough as to your wishes no one as discussed it with you. The post subject as in no way turned into a personnel slagging match only the fact that you did n't want it discussed. The subject is a very important one where experienced riders can pass on their views to new riders.
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

by sprintster » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:55 pm

I've signed the petition but I thought the whole idea of a forum was to have discussions.To me,basically saying sign this or fuck off is wrong.So someone signs the petition and then wants to make a comment in sympathy with bikers and then gets abuse from one of the usual suspects.Then the OP comes on and says "Thanks for sharing your stories" WTF?
(saying sign this or fuck off) NOT what I said, I was just trying to avoid what it has IMHO deteriorated to

"Thanks for sharing your stories" This was a message from the person who started the petition as part of the update not a quote from me

The petition founder has a section for supportive comment where I thought they would be better for all interested people to read not just members of this forum. I am sorry if my no comment and remove requests have upset or offended anyone.

PETITION UPDATE FROM THE PETITION FOUNDER

This is just incredible !!!

12 days and we have over 63,000 people and climbing!! Thursday we got over 45,000 people to sign in one day!! Because you are sharing and signing, people are starting to listen! I’ve had some really great emails and comments from you guys, ideas that are flowing from this is fantastic. One of the best ideas I have seen so far for educating our little ones is to get them to count the bikes...

https://click.mail.change.org/?qs=7b65b ... 8a58d0789d
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Signed.
bill_qaz

Re: petition update

Post by bill_qaz »

Ria Brisland shared an update on Make roads safer for bikes Check it out and leave a comment:

PETITION UPDATE

75,000 ANOTHER MILESTONE REACHED !!!

We are so nearly there just wanted to say once again THANK YOU ALL for all signing and sharing I expected this to take me a year or more !! But it’s two weeks today and look how far we have come? Still a long way to go but I won’t stop till I am satisfied there is enough awareness in the test and then I’ll be finding new ways to raise awareness too. Thank you also for the emails and comments...

https://click.mail.change.org/?qs=d7101 ... a4c19e0bf6
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Yep, signed and donated last week. It seemed like a good idea to donate. :?:
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Ria Brisland shared an update on Make roads safer for bikes Check it out and leave a comment:

LOCAL MP ROYSTON SMITH SUPPORTS PETITION

Just a quick update with a massive thank you attached to everyone still signing and sharing. I met with my local MP this morning and He is now taking this to the secretary of transport Chris Grayling personally. Couldn’t have achieved this without you all ! We are very near to 100,000 now. Amazing results in such a short time.

Read a full update
https://click.mail.change.org/?qs=a44f5 ... 15bedfd253
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

https://www.change.org/p/12958128/u/22467107?

PETITION UPDATE 10,000 TO GO

This is just fantastic guys.. 90,000 people in 4 weeks!!! I’m just so grateful so many people have taken the time and effort to sign and share. BBC South today came out and filmed an interview with me today. And on Saturday we are doing a little bit more filming which will involve the motorcycling side of it. Thank you one and all for your efforts in helping me get the message out there as...

Return to “THE PUB”