Bardenas reales

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Rederic

Bardenas reales

Post by Rederic »

Has anyone been for a bimble around Bardenas reales this early in the year
Should be on big bikes and maybe camping ? Part of it (thumbs)
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
snaf

Re: Bardenas reales

Post by snaf »

We were there Dec/Jan 2014/15.
It was cold but the low humidity made it feel warmer than it was.
This lot probably thought it was positively warm.
P1010045.JPG
P1010045.JPG (51.98 KiB) Viewed 2096 times
knobblyneil

Post by knobblyneil »

Was there mid feb last year, and will be doing a bit more exploring on way through in feb this year. Nice dry sunny day last year, bit of a chill in the air but warm in comparison to over here. Did not camp last year, but may this year. I would make a judgement on the day there must be plenty of places to stay if it gets a bit chilly for camping.
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

I will be going through there in june with a mate and hope its warm!!!!! (thumbs)
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

dibbs wrote:I will be going through there in june with a mate and hope its warm!!!!! (thumbs)
Hot ain't the word

I was there June last year and it was in the 40's with no shade at all to hide in
Andysr6

Post by Andysr6 »

Hi, was there a few years ago
chubbyhooker

Post by chubbyhooker »

We had s blast around after the HISS this year ( whoops last year now) good gravel tracks make sure you've plenty to drink, there is a visitors centre but it was shut, , pretty sure there's no camping .........or anything for that matter but camping about 10-15 km away, Went there the year before as well & had to outrun a huge rain storm & ended up staying in a town called Logrono a great place for a few beers & let off a bit of steam
gspod

Post by gspod »

A lot of campsites in Spain are closed out of season. However we stayed in one just north of Ejea De Los Caballeros on the A-127.

There is a small lake there and a popular restaurant, which is not part of the campsite. The campsite had a lot of statics so it may well stay open all year round. We were there in October and were the only tenters.

We enjoyed riding around 'the desert' but 1 or 2 days, I think, is enough - it's not like the Aragon HISS or trails in the Cuenca mountains.

Enjoy (thumbs)
Tim Cullis

Post by Tim Cullis »

Half a day is enough for me. The red and blue bits are the only sections you can legally ride on a moto.
"For sheer delight there is nothing like altitude; it gives one the thrill of adventure
and enlarges the world in which you live," Irving Mather (1892-1966)

Access the Morocco Knowledgebase
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Been too in june ...feiggin hot even at 9am...id ride and find a hotel near to top and then do a moring ride around ...its okay but not worth a big detour.imoh...lol

Lots of gravel side tracks but not for big bikes...local enduro guys always out and about ....wikiloc has a few tracks...use at your choice though..

Return to “TRAVEL”