Saying Hello

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.

Saying Hello

Post by Guest »

Hi Alun and all members,
Recently found the site and signed up,Looking forward to using it and reading all the interesting articles,
Very best wishes with the new magazine Alun,hope very much you can succeed where others have failed,(motorcycle Voyager to name but one,was bi monthly initially,then went monthly and dissapeared soon after?),i shall mention the mag to as many fellow riders as i can,its getting it launched successfully and then spreading the word that counts,once its up and running you should be fine,all power to you,its badly needed here in the U.K,with adventure touring/motorcycle travel interest at an all time high you have chosen the right time to launch it,
Wherever your all headed to this year,have a great time,you meet the most interesting and genuine people in motorcycling,
Take Care and best wishes.
Alun

Re:Saying Hello

Post by Alun »

Hi brevav2 and a big welcome to you. Thanks for the encouraging words and spreading the news. There's been a hell of a lot of goodwill coming our way, so I hope the new magazine lives up to readers expectations.

That said, I'm fully aware from publishing Adventure Travel that you can't please all of the people all of the time, let's just hope we can do it most of the time.

That's a fair old collection of bikes on your profile.
Lolo

Post by Lolo »

HI

How are you getting on with your Breva 750? I swapped mine in for a R1200GS a few months back.

I rode the Guzzi all round Scotland at Easter. I loved the look of it but I found its turning circle as big as a trucks :P

It also had far too much 'character' as in it had something wrong with it every two weeks and it was only two years old.

I did enjoy riding him but am finding my GS a dream and so easy to ride after the Guzzi. I have had quite a few comments on riding a big bike but because Im so small I only touched the floor on the Guzzi with my tip toes, so its no change really :lol:

Post by Guest »

Hi Lolo,sincerely great to hear from you,firstly,glad your pleased with the GS,an excellent choice,good on yer,pleased you can manage to get your feet down too,as they are so high seat height wise,im only 5' 5''so would struggle i think,thats where the Breva is so good,
im pleased with my Breva,..sorry you had problems with yours,i feel Guzzi have come a long way with the Piaggio investment and ownership,however,theres still the odd one or two that give problems,again though its down to what quality of service the dealer provides to the customer,some dealers are top rate and fix any niggles early on,others are not so good,and any problems encountered can reoccur,thus giving a negative impression of the Marque,..of course BMW have had their share of warranty niggles too with the GS1200s,which is a shame,but hopefully they have sorted the various faults out by now,
I have had my Breva since march 2009,10,770 miles then,now done 19,000 no probs at all,light,easy to handle,50 to 65 mpg,210 mile tank range on average,easy to work on servicing wise,..i have the touring screen,panniers,top case too,so overall very pleased,.i also have a BMW F650 Funduro,i shall be selling that soon,and buying a Suzuki V Strom 650 as my second bike,the BMW goes well,but what spoils it for me is the driveability below 3000rpm,very snatchy,having to swap cogs constantly,iv always thought of big singles as having loads of bottom end grunt and pulling top gear everywhere..prahaps im comparing it to the old british singles,.i.e,long stroke,heavy flywheels,low compression etc,the F650 has a short stroke and light flywheels,so not much i can do about that,..sincere best wishes for your upcoming trips,hope you have a lovely time and plenty of sun,
Lolo

Post by Lolo »

5 Ft 5"........ That huge :lol:

Im only 5ft 2" and a half ! ( the half is very important:woohoo: )

My GS has a lowered frame. I can only touch the floor with my tip toes but that is all I could do on my Guzzi.

I did love him but he got dumped for a bruiser.... lol :lol: :lol:

Post by Guest »

5'2''and riding a GS,albeit a lowered one,im impressed,good for you..theres hope for me yet then?,most of the adventure bikes would need to have stabilisers to fit me?,esp the KTM,tenere 6oo etc,all 850mm and over,waaay to high for me,the Brevas a 'mere'790mm,the V Strom 820mm,should just get away with that i think

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”