EDC Morocco, Africa, 2018. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
WIBO

EDC Morocco, Africa, 2018. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

Post by WIBO »

I'm heading back again on my annual ride out to Morocco in 2018....If anyone is interested in joining me they're more than welcome. Off road experience on your moto is required.

Dates are ....... Saturday 06 .10.18 to Wed 24.10.18 taking into account ferry timings.

I'll try my best to facilitate the ferry times to allow a full experience of Maroc. :D

Some ideas here on packing your moto....some will work for you and some will not.......only you know what's best for you.

viewtopic.php?t=41500

If you're searching for a trip to Maroc on road that involves a plethora of European style hotels where everything is working at a timed schedule and laid on for you to miss as much of Maroc as possible ...... then this ride out is not for you.

You will drop your bike........you will get your bike stuck........you will need to have the facility to camp out in the wild because that's where we'll be; out in the wild..........you will need to know how to carry out running repairs..........you will succeed in any challenge because you have no choice but to succeed and you'll be proud of yourself for doing so when you reflect...........you will be exposed to a real Morocco and the poverty and warm welcome that people in poverty offer you.........if you're afraid of all of the aforementioned scenarios......this ride out is not for you.

EDC?

Short for 'Équipe des Chèvres'..... (Team of Goats)

Not because we ride daring, high trails on cliff faces where only goats dare to tread.......but because of the way we behave....yes, we really are that stupid, following each other blindly.

I will organise any hotels, guide and offer advice based on my experience for free. I will also be open to advice based on others experience. Some riders are returning with me who have a great wealth of experience also.

The route commences in the north at Nador riding south on the plains of the Plateau de Rekkam to the Erg Chebbi at Merzouga and west to Zagora over the same plains and taking in an annoying section section of fesh-fesh at Ramlia and after.

The route will be a rough general route to give riders a taste of as much of the regional variation Maroc has to offer as possible. We can wing it and change based on arising circumstances so one is not under any pressure to be anywhere at the end of each day.

NB........Depending on timings this ride out should have more off road routes squeezed in.........up to 900kms plus........again depending on timings..... thus cutting down on road work.

Michelin Map number 742 refers to Morocco.

I've been to Maroc frequently and know how it and the locals work........ I speak French and can assist with any problems that might arise e.g. customs.

We will be riding trails and will be throwing in some wild camping here and there on spec due to being isolated.

I'll explain below in a lengthy manner.....

Normally we check into accommodation as it's so cheap to include an evening meal as well as breakfast. If you read through my last ride report (link at the bottom of the page) it will show up typical prices.

On one of my trips I went with camping kit and didn't use it, because, as I say the accommodation was so cheap. Better looking at it than for it.

The reason to have the capability to have basic camping which is of your own choice is that it covers the following scenario if it should arise.

In the past with a group if there are any delays due to e.g. mechanical failure or a puncture along with darkness approaching then one can at least bed down for the night without getting stressed as where one will be sleeping that night.

If we think we have to be at a particular town for a certain time and there is indeed a goofy problem or three or four,then this stress and need to be somewhere evolves into your holiday not being as good as it should be.

Herein lies the secret of just knowing where you'll be going but not with in a time constraint. My ride out includes rest days so any thing that needs repairing of a more serious nature.....the rest days are juggled and moved to accommodate.

When on the beaten track this is never usually a problem as we'll ride to a town and find somewhere. Off the beaten track with darkness approaching in an hour with no chance of coming across a town until a good few hours later quickly aggravates people. An hour or so before sundown lets us get sorted,eat calmly and sort any problem out tomorrow.

It may sound like overkill or needless to bring kit and never use it but to illustrate a point on a previous ride out the group were all remote trail riding heading for a town about an hour and a half away to stay in at the end of the days ride.

Of course,as usual,at the end of the day we had a puncture. The time lost to repair same meant we were never going to arrive at the town so we simply found a place to camp...made dinner..had a chat...watched the sun go down and effected repairs the next morning before continuing to enjoy the trails....Zero stress.

Without the facility to camp stress levels would have risen without a doubt...to sleep in moto kit on the ground....nothing much to eat...nothing to assist if you needed to go to the toilet...etc etc

A bigger group means more potential for goofy problems....Imagine two thorn punctures...or three throughout the day.Imagine time lost. Imagine the stress compounded? This is why you know where you're going but don't know exactly when you have to be there. That buffer zone of rest days allows you to enjoy your holiday and deal with stuff as and if it arises.

All this to say,Maroc will find weaknesses in your moto with no doubt and to allow for that needs to be factored in. From a broken lever to things vibrating off...all things that require time to fettle on the day.

It's all a bit like going out for a hill walk with a day sac with basic food,bivvy bag,water and a first aid kit...you'll put the day sack back in the boot at the car park upon returning and drive on home. If you twist your ankle though you have all that you need otherwise.

Not only should each rider be autonomous in the way of having the ability to camp if days are extended but also have the ability to effect running repairs on their own moto and cater for same in the way of spares etc.....such things as changing out clutch cables,gear levers etc to knowing how to repair a puncture.

There 'may' also be an option to roughly parallel any off road trails with road riding to arrive at the same place usually on the same day or the day thereafter.

If any break downs occur I have a contact who will transport the motos to where ever at your own cost.

I'll try to keep you right so you pay what you should be paying as best I can, rather than getting fleeced

Essential qualities required: sense of humour and also....

The ability to ......work together when..........ahem...I mean, if, it all goes wrong.

Also to have the ability to ......work together,solely for the purpose to gang up, to point, ridicule and laugh at those others in the group that do stupid things. (I'm an expert at getting pointed at)

The ability to ......wing it.

The only policy really, is 'Frank and friendly'.....keep it like that and every one gets along just fine...(but this doesn't exonerate you getting ridiculed and pointed at!)

If anyone is interested and have any questions by all means ping a response....the best bit though is....it's a free guided on/off road ride in Maroc.

Once there, if you don't like, it you can go away when you want.

Current ride report here.....

https://www.adventurebikerider.com/foru ... 20&t=41284

2016 Report here.....

https://www.adventurebikerider.com/foru ... 21&t=40730

If you do not have breakdown cover for Maroc and when south of Zagora/Merzouga region, the price for a local 4x4 pick-up to come and get you and take you to Zagora to effect any major repairs will be €200.

If terminal and you need to be taken to Tanger Med to push your bike onto the ferry it will be €400.

If this is not to your liking than you can organise with other locals to see if you can better the price. There's nothing to stop you using one price against another to barter. It's your call.

Any breakdown on tarmac.....we can hunt out a local and negotiate a price for whatever destination.

If you budget for this at least you'll have an idea.

This link will give a concise overview to Maroc for info.

http://looklex.com/morocco/index.htm

Via Michelin/Google Maps will work for distances and times and you can change to sat' map view

https://www.viamichelin.fr/

Garmin maps for here are abysmal. This link will give Open Street Maps which will show piste. If you use your GPS route planner and mark points on trails it will route the very same. Even if you put in a desert town to another it will route via trail to get there. Dead handy.

http://alternativaslibres.org/en/downloads.php

If any friends or group want to head off to do their own thing we can bunny hop each other as we see fit....there's never a problem with that.

If anyone is interested in going just reply.....I'm going anyway....

MAROC CUSTOMS

http://www.douane.gov.ma/web/guest/d16t ... formAT.jsf

The above link will go to a page that will show the below image with blanks to fill in, relative to your moto.

From the top

Bureau d'entrée = Where you arrive.

Next is the date of arrival

Prénom et Nom = Christian name then family name.

For first timers click 'Etrangers en première visite au Maroc'

If you've been to Maroc before there'll be a CIN number in your passport, if it's not out of date....if you're using a renewed passport a CIN number will be stamped again on the new one.......click this and a box will open whereupon you'll enter your CIN number. The rest of the form will be the same as first timers.

Next

Immatriculation =Registration Number

Marque = Make of moto

Type/Modele = what model it is

Genre = Motocycle

Pays = Your country

Date de 1ère mise en circulation = date of first registration

Numero de chassis = Frame number

After this click ' Imprimer' at bottom LHS and you'll be taken to the next page where the details will be in pdf format...click at the top RHS to download to desk top and/or to print out.

You see a page like this.......the form details from above arrive into another form

Below is what the Passport Control form looks like that you fill in whilst ion the boat. If you have a look at it it'll give you an idea of what you'll need to think about. Bring a pen up from the hold.

Again,those who have been before will write in the CIN that they have stamped in their passport, first timers will have no number.

Email the customs forms to yourself and print out an extra copy to bring. You'll always have it on file in your email should you need to find WiFi anywhere to print it out. Cut into three parts along the dotted lines.

Customs scan the coded area making your entry more smooth.

They keep one to prove you've brought a moto into Maroc....., you keep one for your own information and the final one gets your moto back out of Maroc.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Whatever moto you bring.....MAKE SURE you have taken it off road and know how to ride it on same.....getting lots of practice in before you come would be an understatement.

Below is some 'Handy Tips' in no particular order, for what to bring or do...some obvious, that you no doubt do already and some not so.

Don't be shy in reading over these tips several times eh?

1. Lip balm as the air is bone dry and there's a chance you'll get chapped lips whilst riding.

2. A neck buff will keep your neck from getting sun burnt as the sun lies very low on the horizon in the late afternoon.......for the same reason as helmet with a peak is advisable.

3. Small bottle of pocket gel hand cleaner, if you so desire......the dirtiest thing you'll touch, as in Europe, is paper money and bread.

4. Upset stomach medication.

5. Don't

6. Inform your bank your card will be flagging up in Maroc....it's been known for banks to stop cards after a few days in, as it's out of the ordinary withdrawals.

7. Allow for space to stash any winter kit that has been worn en route through Europe. I have vented riding kit which stays open for the duration once over the Atlas; I don't know why I had to mention that.

8. A 'camel bak' type hydration bag is essential. Decathlon ones are cheap and work. Average daytime temps will be 25-30c normally. Keep drinking as when you're thirsty you're already dehydrated.

9. Yelling, screaming and shouting for help will be viewed as attention seeking and will be mostly ignored.

10. Summer gloves or MX gloves along with cotton socks for boots if you so desire.

11. Sun cream

12. Sunglasses

13. Basic first aid kit to cover typical bike accidents.

14. Optional small spray insect repellent...every now and then, depending on where we stop, there'll be some flies as it's date harvest time, that's as in fruit...they don't harvest calendars.

15. Spare set of moto keys, preferably permanently on a lanyard around your neck. Loosing your only set of keys will cause all sorts of grief for you and all others will laugh and point at you.

16. If you don't charge your gadgets on the moto....then surge protected chargers are needed as there can be goofy power supply, especially that coming from generators. There's plentiful WiFi for the likes of skype/viber etc.

17, Avoid bungees to hold any kit on....they're not strong enough to hold kit on when off road;;;especially on lengths of corrugations

18. Easy access to head torch.

19. Don't

20. Make-up wipes....these will remove grease whereas baby wipes don't and come in a smaller packet for storage...they also work the same as baby wipes for toilet usage.

21. Learn how to pick up your moto...........there's more chance of having a snatch-stall in a car park than anything else. Of course no one will laugh......much............or take pictures.

22. Pack as light as possible.........see point 21..........................for more information............................re-read point 21.

23. PRINT CUSTOM FORMS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Printing off the customs forms (given in the link previously) before you leave means you don't have to stand and fill them in on the day in gusty rain with the ink smudging ........often the site is goofy so try to print them out sooner over a period of days before you leave.....just keep trying until it catches. Those who don't do this will hold up the rest of us who do, on average a couple of hours, usually at the end of the day.

24. Pack a couple of needles and a spool of thread (stashed in First Aid box and taking up no room) if any kit gets ripped falling off...or even just a split seam through wear and tear...handy to have and not always thought about. (On my last trip I sewed a glove seam after a days riding with my finger poking out..really annoying until it was sewn)

25. A socket/tool to remove front sprocket nut in case of a chain derailment where the chain ends up jammed in against engine......not always thought about.

26. If you can ride with a foam filter that will rinse in petrol without the glued seams dissolving it would be a bonus. Some filters fall apart, when rinsing in petrol, as you have to use the makers own cleaner. Dust in Maroc can be like smoke.

27. If you ask questions akin to "Where are the toilets?"..... "Do they change money here?"......"The water temperature in my room is tepid what will I do?" ........You'll be met with a blank stare or with the response of "I haven't been here before either so how do really expect me to know?"

28. The first person who indicates smugly that they know something more than others will be deemed a Responsible Adult (R.A.) and therefore open to a bombardment of questions and thus blame....see point 27 for question examples.

29. Based on previous experience garlic is the best form of defence against the African vampire giraffe as they're too tall to jump up and hammer a wooden stake in.

30. If applicable a visit to the dentist before leaving... a toothache a couple of days away from a dentist could spoil your ride out.

31. I strap stuff onto my panniers criss cross fashion and tie the ends of the straps to each other. If you just use straps on each end without the criss cross the kit may vibrate off due to long stretches of piste corrugations. This is why a visit to the dentist is also advised.....your fillings won't rattle out.

32. Good strong motocross type/style boots should be used rather than softer boots.... ( I once had a chap turn up wearing slip-on shoes on a GS1200.........against advice he rode, after 1km fell off and did a u turn....he was over 18 years old )

33. A tow strop strong enough to haul your moto in case of a complete breakdown (footpeg to footpeg)....the small ratchet type tie downs you get in the likes of B&Q will not work....for my single cylinder moto, a standard e.g. Acerbis moto cross tie down has worked to date. Make sure what ever you use is tested as if it's too light it will snap.

34. The corrugations WILL rattle nuts and bolts loose especially on pannier supports.........PLEASE , PLEASE , and erm, PLEASE!!!!, go around the moto and nip every thing up well before departure!!!!!!!!!!!!.....even suspension pivot nuts/bolts.....Loctite is a bonus.

35. If you have an Allen key type front axle to loosen remember to bring the tool to do so.

36. Bring good quality zip tys/short length of wire to twist ref. lost nuts or bolts.

37. Spare cables (if older cables are on the moto) attached to existing cables with zip tys covers the snapped cable scenario.

38. Breakables.........Spare clutch, brake & gear levers are a must !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Start off with a good condition chain kit if not new and with steel sprockets.....alloy will not last... period. Bring wheel bearings if unsure or swap them out before you leave for all the price of them. Same applies for brake pads. A spare regulator also. Parts network is NOT like Europe.

39. If your GPS has a place for a lanyard fit one from there to the moto in case it either vibrates off or gets knocked off after a fall. It can sink into fesh-fesh or sand and you'll not find it if you missed it coming off. An old sleeping bag draw string works fine and carabiner.

40. Spray the inside of your air box with air filer oil too...anything to catch dust. Seal any sides if you can with a line of grease to catch dust also.

41. JB Weld should be thought about.

42. A small tube of instant gasket stashed, should be thought about.

43. A few denture sterilising tablets to keep your water back-pack fresh.....doesn't take long for spores to arrive in the heat after a few days.

44. A small container should be thought about, with various standard nuts and bolts and to include a couple of helmet peak plastic screws if applicable. Make's it less annoying if you ding your peak off and then you can carry on.

45. Alloy or soft luggage is preferred over Hepco and Becker plastic...these do not work well off road any great distance.....they will fall off unless a tie down is used to wrap around them via the pannier supports.

46. If you think your pannier supports look a little light duty i.e. certain Givi ones ...weld some gusset at key mounting points.

47. Bring couple of pens......handy to write the fuel price on your hand to show cashiers and to fill in the passport declaration form on the boat. I stash a few by slipping them into my handlebar cross bar foam,

48. If you run tubes and can't find patches.....try a farm supply as they usually stock same for tractor tubes. Shower gel will lube your tyre.

49. A couple of spare split links for your make of chain i.e. DID split links for DID chains and a couple of links of chain could be thought about in case a chain snaps. Tool to break links too.

50. A spare regulator should be considered.

51. When entering the confines of Spanish ports ride at the speed limit as there can be radar cops.

52. A cheap pair of Decathlon type binoculars or scope could be thought about to be handed out to local shepherds......they can watch their flocks from a distance and save fuel if on a scooter and having to patrol their grazing areas.

53. If you so desire bring some cheap sweets/lollipops to hand out to kids along with some pens.

54. Brush teeth with BOTTLED WATER as you can't drink the tap water.

55. I still see riders arrive with not enough tools or no tools along with no medical kit, reliant on other strangers to carry them.....This laziness could possibly annoy the other riders. This is OK until you have to return home early for an emergency......this is when you'll get problems......on your own on the way back and no way to effect repairs.

56. When riding Maroc twisties, it's a national pastime to see numerous local vehicles driving towards you over the centre line. Take note.

57. 200MAD equals 16GBP .....20MAD therefore equals 1.60GBP....... 10MAD equals 80p....1MAD equals 7p ....do you really want to wait around for a few pence in change when getting fuel? For the saddo tight-fisted types, get to think that 20 dirhams is not 20 quid and that when you get 198 dirhams of fuel just give the fuel attendant 200 and smile as you get back onto the moto. If they over fill you by a few pence they drop it back to 200....it works both ways.

I've seen some people wait around for a few pennies equal in change. The locals think this is weird. If you have this psychological condition you'll not have the full Maroc experience........ a lot of the people you'll meet have nothing and yet some riders will stand there waiting for 4p. Pretend it's like other countries, a tourist tax, except you can see it going into the hands of the locals.

58. A minimum of four bottles of water in addition to what you have on your back, should be on your moto at all times. When off road and arriving at any auberges then top up by buying what you need to keep it at four. Remember that you will use some for cooking also. I've seen bizarre riders ignore this advice when it has been pointed out that water is available to buy, then have to sponge off others the next morning as they were too tight to spend.....incredible to be that tight-fisted in the desert and deprive others of their water.

59. A few Isotar type sachets should be stashed in your camel back.

60. If the rear wheel of your moto sinks into sand...as soon as you feel lack of forward motion stop.......it will not lift itself out of the sand....just dig in further. Get off the moto.........put it onto its side and fill the rut that has been dug with sand, using your feet. Lift moto back up and it should be level enough to pull itself out, if not by itself but with a push from others.

61. A cheap wind up radio to be handed out to isolated locals could be thought about

62. Budget 85p ( €0.96 0 per litre for petrol.

63. If arriving into Tanger Med there's ATM's on your LHS ( 50m ) just after the final gate check, along with the chance to buy motor vehicle insurance if arriving before 1900hrs........usually. ATM's just as you exit Nador Port on the RHS. There's a small carpark and the tills are at the end of same/

64. When sleeping at night keep your tent zipped up as the African vampire giraffe can lean right in with their long necks, to the end ,and bite you.

65. After I find a reasonable price for an hotel........feel free to tell me you can get it on booking dot com for two quid less, as this will be deemed very important........by all means feel free to book same with the app and then find out that you have to pay more than the two quid you just saved for a full evening meal, dessert and tea, that I was able to include in my price. See point 57.

66. DON'T burden yourself with lots of food stuffs as it's all readily available when buying fuel....a couple of cuppa soups for a dinner and a packet of cereal bars for breakfast the next morning with sachet coffee/tea......small diameter fajitas are good to have in your pannier as they are vacuum sealed and keep for ages.........if you miss buying a disc of bread you can open these and have with a cuppa soup. A good Plan B.

67. I carry a 2L fuel container, only so as I can fill my petrol stove......normally I have enough to get from one section of piste to each town with one tank. I usually take great pleasure in filling a local shepherds scooter up when I can. Know how many kms roughly you can get on a tank and factor that in.

68. A lift out small overnight bag saves you having to lift off panniers and carry therm in to any hotel. Your moto will be safe. No need to carry a lock.

69. If you want a single room in any of the hotels then you'll pay more.

70. Bring original Registration documents, Vehicle Test Certificate if applicable and Insurance Certificate.

71. Test your moto and make sure that you can sit all day loaded, for a couple of days at over plus 115kph..........IF NOT bring another moto.

72. Pack as light as possible.........see point 21 and point 22..........................for more information............................re-read point 21.

73. Pack as light as possible.........see point 21 and point 22..........................for more information............................re-read point 21.

74. Pack as light as possible.........see point 21 and point 22 ..........................for more information............................re-read point 21.

75. Pack as light as possible.........see point 21 and point 22..........................for more information............................re-read point 21.

76. Pack as light as possible.........see point 21 and point 22..........................for more information............................re-read point 21.

77. Read point 68

78. Read point 68.

If you cannot read please learn to read before reading or re-reading all of the above.

I STILL have riders turn up each year who obviously can't read the points listed above!!!! aaaghhhhhhh!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rough Route ideas.

https://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/spatial ... d=21955320

https://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/spatial ... d=21955361

Stage One; Spain- Nador-Erg Chebbi, Merzouga

Stage Two; Merzouga-Desert Pistes-Zagora

Sage Three; Zagora-Imintanout Piste Marrakesh-Chefchaouen-Tanger Med- Spain.

-----------------------------------------------------------------GENERAL ROUTE----------------------------------------------------------

Those with a GPS can download the routes mentioned at each day with a link, where applicable. :D

DAY 1 06.10.18 Sat

ASSON FR - VALLADOLID ESP - 5hrs/ 530kms
SANTANDER - VALLADOLID - 2,5hrs/ 250kms

Arrive later at Hotel/Hostel after disembarking Santander at 1730hrs

DAY 2 07.10.18 Sun

VALLADOLID - CLOSE TO MOTRIL minus 6,75hrs/ 672kms

Split this distance approx 3/4 to arrive close to Motril

DAY 3 08.10.18 Mon

Close to Motril to Motril Port

One way ferry approx €66 Dpt 1200hrs Arr 1700hrs...Passport Control/ Customs then Hotel in Nador/ South of Nador

Breakfast short briefing ref. how we ride in a group etc . Fuel up at last stop before riding piste.

DAY 4 09.10.18 Tues 235kms 3,5hrs

TARMAC-NADOR- TAOURIRT-DEBDOU-START OF PISTE

https://www.wikiloc.com/outdoor-trails/ ... a-21955361

Fuel up in Nador.

Nador-Taourirt 110kms............Food & Fuel available.

Taourirt -Debdou 50kms

Nador- Debdou 160kms Fuel & Food available here if need be, before piste.

Start of Piste at

N 33 34 296
W 003 17 181

Piste starts 1hr south of Debdou turning south off the R606

Desert Wild Camp

DAY 5 10.10.18 Wed

DESERT WILD CAMP-ANOUEL-TALSINT- MERZOUGA

Fuel in Talsint

Talsint-Merzouga 330kms 4.5hrs .

Via N13 Erfoud and Rissani ATM's in both towns. No ATM in Merzouga.

https://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/spatial ... ntSpatialA rtifact&id=21955361Desert Wild Camp

Budget minus €30 for hotel

DAY 6 11.10.18 Thurs

REST DAY MERZOUGA

Explore the massive crater at Gara Medouar, play...relax ...etc. Budget approx minus €30 for hotel

DAY 7 12.10.18 Fri

MERZOUGA- DESERT CAMP

https://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/spatial ... id=9192835

Aim to get to Auberge Dinosaur option yo see if rooms available or to camp 800m away at scenic dunes.

Auberge cords

N 30 38 174
W 004 48 622

DAY 8 13.10.18 Sat

DESERT CAMP - ZAGORA

Hotel Kasbah Scirocco 320MAD ( £26 )per person in twin rooms dinner/breakfast included.

https://www.wikiloc.com/outdoor-trails/ ... 6-28377283

Kasbah Scirocco cords

N 30 19 202
W 005 49 672

DAY 9 14.10.18 Sun

REST DAY - ZAGORA Hotel price 320MAD (£26) per person in twin rooms dinner/ breakfast included.

Fuel ATM's Repairs Short view point ride, you so desire to radio mast peak opposite hotel.

DAY 10 15.10.18 Mon

ZAGORA - FOUM ZGUID-TISSINT-TATA-IRHERM 350km 5hrs

Wild camp in almond grove just outside town.

DAY 11 16.10.18 Tues

WILD CAMP-MOUNTAIN PISTE-TAROUDANT

Hotel

Fuel ATM's

DAY 12 17.10.18 Wed

TAROUDANT-TWISTIES-ARGANA (LUNCH)-HIGH ATLAS PISTE-IMINTANOUTE

Hotel basic

DAY 13 18.10.18 Thurs

IMMINTANOUTE - CAMPING LE RELAIS DE MARRAKESH

Good food, washing machine service available........close to supermarket, Decathlon, McDonalds and Pizza Hut.

Cords

N 31 42 450
W 007 59 372

DAY 14 19.10.18 Fri

REST DAY MARRAKESH

Repairs laze about etc.

DAY 15 20.10.18 Sat

MARRAKESH-KHENIFRA N8 320kms 5,5hrs

Hotel

DAY 16 21.10.18 Sun

KHENIFRA-CHEFCHAOUEN 340km 5,5hrs

Hotel

DAY 17 22.10.18

REST DAY CHEFCHAOUEN

DAY 18 23.10.18

CHEFCHAOUEN - TANGER MED PORT - TO NORTHERN SPANISH TOWN 125km 2hrs

Twistes and autoroute....small tolls.

DAY 19 24.10.18

NORTHERN SPANISH TOWN TO SANTANDER FOR 1630hrs

Provisional riders to date and subject to times, dates and life getting in the way.

Macctavish.............. Honda CRF250L.......Riding to Asson :D Arrive Asson beforehand

BobH.........................Suzuki DR650 Ferry booked :D

WIBO........................Yamaha XTZ660Z :)

qwerty.......................KTM690 :)

Chubbyhooker.........KTM690 Ferry booked :D

Halfpint...................... ? Ferry booked :D

Mick Sea.....................? Ferry booked :D

SteveRST...................Honda CRF250L Ferry booked :D

Bertin.......................Honda CRF1000 Africa Twin :)

Griff097....................Honda CRF 1000 Africa Twin Ferry booked :D

Stuart........................KTM 1190 :D Arrive Asson beforehand

Ricky..........................Honda Africa Twin 750 :D Arrive Asson beforehand

Last edited by WIBO on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:06 am, edited 145 times in total.
Will It Buff Out?
Whippet

Re: EDC Morocco, Africa,2018. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

Post by Whippet »

Have you room for a health and safety officer who will fill all the forms for you and implement all you revised policies ?
Attachments
P1020040.JPG
P1020040.JPG (142.85 KiB) Viewed 7390 times
roberteagle6

Re: EDC Morocco, Africa,2018. Open invite for FREE On/Off road & desert guided tour.

Post by roberteagle6 »

Hi Keith, would certainly be up for it again so count me in please subject to dates. Will try to get a bit of French going for this trip. Cheers
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

No problem Bob...it would be a good laugh for sure. I’ll edit as arrangements slot into place...

Hopefully all will go according to plan at this time.

Baaaaa
Will It Buff Out?
Mactavish

Post by Mactavish »

Hi Wibo , would be great if I could tag along . Wanted to do it in 2017 but timing was all wrong for me .
You would definitely have some one to point and laugh at . :D
BobH

Post by BobH »

Hey Keith,

Didn't get to use the 'tube', so thinking to try again next year. May bring the DR if we are going to do more of that lovely soft, delightful and easy to ride fesh-fesh (or fresh fish as my spell checker just changed it too.....). Ride fast and take chances wierdo

Rob
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Whippet wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:50 am Have you room for a health and safety officer who will fill all the forms for you and implement all you revised policies ?
There's always room for a secretary, but next time leave the high heels and mini dress at home...it upset the locals....

:D

Will It Buff Out?
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Mactavish wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:46 am Hi Wibo , would be great if I could tag along . Wanted to do it in 2017 but timing was all wrong for me .
You would definitely have some one to point and laugh at . :D

Sounds like a plan.........when they're laughing at you they're not laughing at me.....well....not much anyway.

Will It Buff Out?
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

BobH wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:04 pm Hey Keith,

Didn't get to use the 'tube', so thinking to try again next year. May bring the DR if we are going to do more of that lovely soft, delightful and easy to ride fesh-fesh (or fresh fish as my spell checker just changed it too.....). Ride fast and take chances wierdo

Rob
Great idea........as stated I'd like to cram more off road routes in as soon as possible after disembarking.........the French wing of the EDC reports back with great routes as part of their reconnaissance mission and is easily doable.

Wild camping will be required here and there as we'll be as remote as what we're used to. We will of course ride that fresh fish. :lol:

Will It Buff Out?
aliwakeskate

Post by aliwakeskate »

BobH wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:04 pm Hey Keith,

Rob
They'll be plenty of opportunities for the 'tube' this time... :lol:

Return to “TRAVEL”