Value for Money:

Was this review helpful to you?
Yes No
rusty2000 Reviewed by rusty2000
October 15, 2015

View all my reviews
Report this review

0 of 0 people found the following review helpful

2009 model with Power Commander fitted gets rid of power hole at 4K rpm making thd bike powerful throughout the rev range. Flexible power on tap at any time makes the bike a real treat. Minor vibes lower down the rev range fade away after 3k. Comfort level is good, but not as good as my previous Aprilia Futura, but that would always be hard - class leading. I use an Airhawk-type seat pad for long distances though as it pushes me into the tank a bit without it. Equipment level for my NTX is good with heated grips, alloy panniers, adjustable screen (although I have replaced the screen with a bigger Givi item to suit my 6'2" height). This eliminates the buffeting experienced on higher speed runs.

I service the bike myself as I am a Mechanical Engineer and access to the engine is good, with tappets, plugs and oil adjustment or replacement straightforward. The only issue I have had is the electrics. A starter solenoid circuit developed a fault on a run, forcing a number of bump starts. This was fixed by bypassing the fault via a new live feed via a switch as the failt was in the ignition switch. This has the added bonus of providing an additional immobiliser on the bike hopefully protecting it a bit more!

The colour scheme is a bit industrial on tne NTX with mine being a greyish 'bronze'. The newer orange scheme looks good so if I keep the bike I might paint it this newer colour.

Overall the bike is a winner. From the 27 bikes owned this is one of the best. I would recommend it to anyone thinking of a GS or V-Strom, etc. Take one for a ride on some twisties and you will be won over.

Review Information Motorcycles

Time owned 18 months
I liked Handling, suspension, ride quality, equipment
I Disliked Small tank range
Would you buy again Yes
In one line Wife and I love it!
Grin Factor (0=crap 10=I loved it) 10

To write a comment please register or log in.