Crazy ride attempt by newbie for the Curry Aid Charity.

dubber68

Re: Crazy ride attempt by newbie for the Curry Aid Charity.

Post by dubber68 »

Depending on the ride up may have to break up the return journey. I think a sheepskin is in order at the least.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Hey Dubber68

I will sponsor you ...

On a side note are you just going to collect the money at the rally ?
If so , contact myself or James691 at Ullapool , and we will arrange a hat to pass around.
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

That was my plan just go around with a hat or bucket our something. Paul will be there I believe so I can hand the money a straight over. If anyone not going is at any of the other rallies then they can contribute then if they wish. I promise I will refund any up front payments if I don't complete it:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Diesel Pete

Post by Diesel Pete »

I see the post I replied to previously has been deleted so mine doesn't make sense now :laugh:

Turned out to be a troll ay?

I shall donate extra for being gullible and falling for the trolls efforts :whistle:
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

Diesel Pete wrote:I see the post I replied to previously has been deleted so mine doesn't make sense now :laugh:

Turned out to be a troll ay?

I shall donate extra for being gullible and falling for the trolls efforts :whistle:
yeah I nearly had a rant at him until I saw his other posts and realised he was ust out to wind people up or just very negative in his outlook.

steveaaa0

Post by steveaaa0 »

dubber68 wrote:After being inspired by talking to Paul at the boil and seeing the pics I have come up with the following plan. I would like to get people to sponsor me to ride to the Ullapool rally on a Suzuki Vanvan from my home in Chesterfield, a total of 521miles through the lakes etc. I plan to do this is one day while carrying tent etc. i am not looking for a massive amount but if each attendee were to pledge £1 each that would be enough for me to do it. I have spoken to Paul about it and he was Ok with the idea

Hi Dubber68

Im hoping to make the rally, and would definitely sponsor you. Hats off to you for thinking of helping others while travelling to the rally, thats a win,win. Good luck, see you there.
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

Think it's a great idea Dubber & certainly doable, my arse managed 540 miles on a VanVan ;)

You are going to want a couple of things to prevent the rest of the rally becoming torture though; a sheepskin or airhawk (you will be in transit for anything between 12 - 18 hrs) & a screen for the headwinds. I bought a Givi A660 which works well with the VanVan, you have a while so might get lucky on fleabay. They are around £100 new.

I should be going to the Brecon rally so you can have my £1 there

Paul
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

P4ulie wrote:Think it's a great idea Dubber & certainly doable, my arse managed 540 miles on a VanVan ;)

You are going to want a couple of things to prevent the rest of the rally becoming torture though; a sheepskin or airhawk (you will be in transit for anything between 12 - 18 hrs) & a screen for the headwinds. I bought a Givi A660 which works well with the VanVan, you have a while so might get lucky on fleabay. They are around £100 new.

I should be going to the Brecon rally so you can have my £1 there

Paul
Sheepskin ordered, handlebar mitts at the ready depending on the weather and I would love one of the A660 screens. Have done the gearing mod and iridium plug mod which makes holding 55 even uphill possible. does the screen make that much difference?

P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

Pootling round some lanes no not really, 8 hrs into a marathon journey? Hell yes.

I've done a few distance trips without the screen & heading into the wind up an incline the VV is lucky to keep up with an overladen tractor, drop down to 3rd & strain for 40 mph :S

The screen really helps you to maintain 50+ no matter what's going on. I highly recommend, besides all that, a screen really cuts down on fatigue. Unless you love singing to yourself an mp3 would be handy too.

I can remember thinking thank god I'm staying in a hotel after hr 13, hope your mats comfy :laugh:
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

Exped so should be OK. Will have to keep an eye out for a screen. At least i will be able to use the screen again as the missus will never part with the VV.

Return to “ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 28th - 30th Sept 2012”