Memories of Morocco continues 'Part 2'

Where you've been and what you done
Lizzie

Re: Memories of Morocco continues 'Part 2'

Post by Lizzie »

Where did you get that picture of me from?
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Mr Toad

Post by Mr Toad »

Craigcrevo. Hello mate. You obviously know my Mrs well, your pictures are top. Thanks for perserving with the 'War & Peace' despite the typos etc which I'm still finding. Strange how you read things over and over agins which are wrong but your brain or maybe lack of one sees somthing else or fills in the gaps. :S
Anyway I'm pleased it made you smile and hopefully gave you more of a feel for Morocco, that was always my intention rather than just an account of our 'holiday'. Much to do this weekend but I will endeavour to post the next chapter and pictures. Sorry for being a tease but I'm sure if it had all gone on in one lump (mountain) even less people would have read it. But thanks again and you made my Mrs smile at 6am this morning when she was about to set off for London.:)
Never enough time and so much to see and experience.

Previously a VStrom 650, and a KTM SMR 950, currently XT600E with many mods. And now a F800GS Trophy since the KTM has gone.
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Grimit Grimit Grimit, Grimott!

For those of you who don't sprakenze Toad, it says Well done Mister Toad!
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
Louisdut

Post by Louisdut »

CRAIGREVO wrote:Ahh so your the one who tells the poor little kids off. I found that bit of the story very funny too. :laugh: :laugh:

woman.jpg
NON!!
kids.jpg
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Great post to a great thread

Louis
Mr Toad

Post by Mr Toad »

:) Mark1150 Thanks for taking the time and trouble, obviously a gluton for punishment, a heart felt thanks for learning my language. Poop Poop for any Wind in the Willows fans, it should have been motorcycles rather than a cars, it certainly is for me. The new Triumph is already turning my eye.

Previously a VStrom 650, and a KTM SMR 950, currently XT600E with many mods. And now a F800GS Trophy since the KTM has gone.
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Mr Toad wrote::) Mark1150 Thanks for taking the time and trouble, obviously a gluton for punishment, a heart felt thanks for learning my language. Poop Poop for any Wind in the Willows fans, it should have been motorcycles rather than a cars, it certainly is for me. The new Triumph is already turning my eye.
The thanks should be from me to you, a cracking read with some great pictures.
Re the motorcycles in Wind in the Willows, you do realize that they would have been on something like a Briugh Superior with side car, well thats whats counjured up in my mind ( An insight into the mind of a mad man! )
Re the Triumph, It sounds like Toad Hall will have a new resident shortly!

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

mark1150 wrote:
Mr Toad wrote::)
Re the motorcycles in Wind in the Willows, you do realize that they would have been on something like a Briugh Superior with side car, well thats whats counjured up in my mind ( An insight into the mind of a mad man! )
Funny you should say that, there has been a Toad campaign for the purchase of a Ural Rig...
ural_red_above.jpg
ural_red_above.jpg (48.73 KiB) Viewed 2080 times
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Lizzie wrote:
mark1150 wrote:
Mr Toad wrote::)
Funny you should say that, there has been a Toad campaign for the purchase of a Ural Rig...
ural_red_above.jpg
There is something about the Ural that I like, maybe it's the no frills utilitarian approach to motorcycling, the only thing wrong with the picture is the colour, should be either Black White or Khaki, IMHO.
I remember working in Lewisham a few years back, and every time I looked in the dealers, the attraction grew stronger.
Go for it.

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
Mr Toad

Post by Mr Toad »

:) The Khaki looks best the reds a bit bright and brash like some teenage X factor 'star' but what she's not told you is that we have 5 bikes between us and two cars, so I'm not sure where it would go. £9000 for new one is a little steep. But it would be fun to ride and certainly different.

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”