cheapo snow boots

Does my ass look big in these?
minkyhead

Re: cheapo snow boots

Post by minkyhead »

thanks for the replies
i spose thats what you get for how clever am i potstings

back to the drawing board out today 7 am back at 6 it never stopped pissing down
and you guessed it wet feet again it seems they must leak through the zip and the tongue

looked so promising too
dam oh well .. theres always coop bags:woohoo:
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
scouse

Post by scouse »

You could always try the BMW Santiago boots... had mine since 2006 and still not a leak.

Ledergrease them when I remember, wear them nearly every day and all day in work sometimes , done over 40 thousand miles in them with year round riding, can't fault them at all.

I think TRX make them for BMW and their own model is the same, but as will all Beemer kit they have a three year no-quiblle replacement policy.

Only thing is the rock protectors on the front wear out, but you can buy replacement pairs for around 6 quid. Take 'em off if you don't want to the "off road " look.
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Mr Toad

Post by Mr Toad »

looked for Deri boots on the internet etc etc last year as me Dad used to wear them, but to no avail, unless someone can tell me different.
Never enough time and so much to see and experience.

Previously a VStrom 650, and a KTM SMR 950, currently XT600E with many mods. And now a F800GS Trophy since the KTM has gone.
Jimbike

Post by Jimbike »

I think the BMW boots are made by TCX. Similar are their Infinity boot and HG boot which I bought and found excellent, waterproof but cost a bit more than £19.95.
Derri boots were pretty much just thick wellies with not much protection but waterproof for sure.

Here they are
If you have eaten your breakfast, clean your bowl.
scouse

Post by scouse »

Jimbike wrote:I think the BMW boots are made by TCX. Similar are their Infinity boot and HG boot which I bought and found excellent, waterproof but cost a bit more than £19.95.
Derri boots were pretty much just thick wellies with not much protection but waterproof for sure.
Yup TCX... I found their sizing and the HG ones didn't fit comfortably , so try all three if you are after a pair.

Not cheap but about to start their fifth winter... so more than paid for themselves.
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
herman

Post by herman »

Jimbike wrote:I think the BMW boots are made by TCX. Similar are their Infinity boot and HG boot which I bought and found excellent, waterproof but cost a bit more than £19.95.

Here they are
OOO I've gone all nostalgic now, although I seem to remember putting a fully loaded VF1000 on its centre stand in wet derri boots, foot slipped off and I threw the bike onto its side. :blush:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

Mr Toad wrote:looked for Deri boots on the internet etc etc last year as me Dad used to wear them, but to no avail, unless someone can tell me different.
thanks for the replies ..i will ne considering the tcx boots for my nest pair proper
i take on board the protection side of things but somtimes me feet can get real cold ..i have to stand and walk as well as ride
so protection from cold and related feel and concentration issues is on my mind as well balenced with the type of riding im going to do

i managed to track down derri motorcycle boots but cant fivd my size
heres a link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mens-motorcylce-D ... 6b1adfd410

ive gone for a hi legged thermal lined boot from derri
with removable sock ..good to minus 30 they say ...
shoud take care of bolton then :silly:
heres hoping they do the job they were 35 pounds

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=derr ... 286.c0.m19
again ill let you know and apprieciate your suggetions
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
scouse

Post by scouse »

I use Icebreaker and Bridgedale hiking socks... warm and hydrophillic... moisture only moves out from the foot.

The Bridgedale ones are so good , I fell in the River Dove last winter crossing the old stepping stones. Boots filled with water and I was completely soaked. Took nearly an hour to get home in the car, and luckily I had spare fleece and base layer with me, but no socks. Took off the soaking wet Bridgedales and the insides were warm and dry and so were my feet.

I have heard Sealskinz socks can also be good at keeping you dry , but not as warm.

They are all fairly thin, and even in a boot like the TCX or Santiago still give plenty of feel, which I doubt the Derri's will.

mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

scouse wrote:I use Icebreaker and Bridgedale hiking socks... warm and hyrophillic... moisture only moves out from the foot.

The Bridgedale ones are so good , I fell in the River Dove last winter crossing the old stepping stones. Boots filled with water and I was completely soaked. Took nearly an hour to get home in the car, and luckily I had spare fleece and base layer with me, but no socks. Took off the soaking wet Bridgedales and the insides were warm and dry and so were my feet.

I have hears Sealskinz socks can also be good at keeping you dry , but not as warm.

They are all fairly thin, and even in a boot like the TCX or Santiago still give plenty of feel, which I doubt the Derri's will.
I'll vouch for sealskinz, I found them dry and warm, I suppose the latter is a bit subjective as everyone feels the cold to greater or lesser degrees..no pun intended.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

My boots failed and I was lent a pair of sealskinz.
Brilliant, kept my feet warm and dry in soaking wet boots but Christ all-mighty they stunk to high heaven. If your touring with crap boots get a few pairs to rotate and wash quick, (I was just into the second day of riding with the sealskinz so its not like I tried to go a week without washing...Thought I'd mention that before someone else questions my hygiene). I then had to buy a new pair of boots to continue with my trip. A big plug for www.louis.de they refunded my money as the old boots were not repairable and still under guarantee.
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

Return to “CLOTHING”