Arsebicuits! Fisrt casulaty of the winter...Me!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
herman

Re: Arsebicuits! Fisrt casulaty of the winter...Me!

Post by herman »

Glad you are ok old bean. Apparently whiskey IS a cure all and I think you deserve a few and some sympathetic lovin from the misses. :side:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Glad to hear that you are OK.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

Even without contact she still caused an incident.
An indicator cost a few quid but what about your lid,
As good as impossible to prove or to claim so just glad your OK but the law should change to favour the one that has to take avoiding action
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

Hey mate, glad your ok, I have witnessed two bike accidents in as many months both directly caused by dopey car drivers. As i say Glad your ok mate.:)
Real men ride twins ;-)
RTR

Post by RTR »

Hi Scouse as above glad you are ok apart from the bumps and bruises!
Riding It Right - Where Did It All Go Wrong!
scouse

Post by scouse »

RTR wrote:Hi Scouse as above glad you are ok apart from the bumps and bruises!
Cheers MrB, actually the worse bit was having to ride it home last night... I had to wait for Jules to come out and get the sidestand down for me as I couldn't move my right leg from where I had managed to wedge it out the way!

Pain and stiffness is fading but old injuries have all regained their niggle factor again... :(
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Glad to hear that your ok

There are so many nutter drivers out there, that need *education* ..

Driving around in there own little world without a care for what they leave in there wake ..

Have a wee dram on me ..
Alun

Post by Alun »

Good to hear you're okay, how are those aches and pains today scouse?
scouse

Post by scouse »

Alun wrote:Good to hear you're okay, how are those aches and pains today scouse?
Hmmm feeling everyone of my 50 years.... it was never this bad even 20 years ago :(

But getting straight back on the bike was a boon... when I dislocated my shoulder in 2007 it was 5 months before I could ride again and it took even more months to get confidence back up again. Which is scary in a way as I had never had a serious off before, as in one were I got carted away in an ambulance. It had always been get up, kick the bike back into shape and carry on.
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Alun

Post by Alun »

scouse wrote: Hmmm feeling everyone of my 50 years.... it was never this bad even 20 years ago :(

But getting straight back on the bike was a boon... when I dislocated my shoulder in 2007 it was 5 months before I could ride again and it took even more months to get confidence back up again. Which is scary in a way as I had never had a serious off before, as in one were I got carted away in an ambulance. It had always been get up, kick the bike back into shape and carry on.
Know what you mean with the 50 years bit, those aches sure take their time to go away.

Worth keeping a close eye on things too, my last bone cruncher was about 3 years ago and I didn't realise I had a triple fracture until a week later when my leg started to swell and I was sent to hospital on DVT watch. The doc took one look at my hand and arm and fogot all about the DVT. The adrenaline and shock can hide a lot of damage.

Return to “THE PUB”