STOP SMOKING CHALLENGE

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Paul

STOP SMOKING CHALLENGE

Post by Paul »

Ok, spurred on by James691 and his post declaring that he is in his seventh day of being a non-smoker.
I would love to stop and nothing would make Maria and the kids happier, however I have tried but have no willpower whatsoever. Having said that my best attempt at stopping was about six years ago when I managed nine months, then started again, why?
When I last stopped it was with the guy who worked for me at the time, it worked because we supported each other and spent five days a week for nine hours a day together. I used patches and Jelly Babies. I find Jelly Babies good for venting frustration, you can bite their heads or legs off, you can even throw them to the ground, curse them and squish them if you like.

So here is my proposal. Starting Monday to give us time to buy shares in "Nicorette" we sign up to stop smoking, like signing up for a rally.
Starting with names in "Green", a relapse turns you to "amber" as long as you try again, and failure turns your name to "Red" and it goes bold to be mocked or supported by other ABR's
I realise that to a smoker like myself that this is a BIG commitment and quite scary, it will of course only work if we are honest, but to not be, you are only cheating yourself. I am sure support and feedback will be given.

LETS MAKE ABR A HEALTHIER, HAPPIER, POSSIBLY FATTER AND MORE AFFLUENT PLACE IN 2012.

ARE YOU BRAVE ENOUGH?

1. Paul
2. Jim Lovell
3. James691
4. adventurer69
appleby

Re: STOP SMOKING CHALLENGE

Post by appleby »

Your first mistake is to start NEXT MONDAY!
Paul

Post by Paul »

appleby wrote:Your first mistake is to start NEXT MONDAY!
WHY?
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

I'm in Paul, I have started today. Having smoked yesterday due to being a bit down and having a few drinks I smoked alot. Felt rough this morning so thats it for me and no drinking either, thats when I smoke the most. :)
Real men ride twins ;-)
Paul

Post by Paul »

Jim Lovell wrote:I'm in Paul, I have started today. Having smoked yesterday due to being a bit down and having a few drinks I smoked alot. Felt rough this morning so thats it for me and no drinking either, thats when I smoke the most. :)
Do you want to make it official, and go on the list :evil:
appleby

Post by appleby »

Paul wrote:
appleby wrote:Your first mistake is to start NEXT MONDAY!
WHY?
Because you are delaying again ... Start right now!

Oh, and good luck!
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

Yeah lets do it mate ;)
Real men ride twins ;-)
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

Good luck James, Jim & Paul (and anyone else who takes on this challenge).

I know that you can do it x
knobblywobbly

Post by knobblywobbly »

I´ve been seriously considering giving up lately. I´ve lost two friends in less than a year to smoking related illnesses - the one whose funeral I was at last week was only 50!

My biggest problem is boredom. I have a really boring job at the moment and go for a fag just to get away from it. However, I start a new job a week on Monday which shouldn´t be boring and will keep me occupied & interested more. Driving home tonight I was thinking of giving up when I start there (12th March).

So not quite ready for your challenge but may join on the 12th - I´ll need to get some nicotine replacement something-or-other to help as I don´t want to go cold turkey!
pubsinger

Post by pubsinger »

I could do with chuckin it too, but its so difficult , I,m not a heavy smoker but put a drink in my hand an I could eat a fag , its the only time I get an overwhelming craving and before anybody says it, I aint giving up the booze , anyone else the same ?

Return to “THE PUB”