Before receiving a lifetime ban from ABR....

Have some feedback and input to share? Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make this site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
cozmo1589

Before receiving a lifetime ban from ABR....

Post by cozmo1589 »

Come on guys I am trying to watch Ice Road Truckers on the Bio HD channel and can stop watching this thread, it's like enough already :-)
2014 Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer DCT Highlander
gebrauchtwagen83

Re: Before receiving a lifetime ban from ABR....

Post by gebrauchtwagen83 »

cozmo1589 wrote:Come on guys I am trying to watch Ice Road Truckers on the Bio HD channel and can stop watching this thread, it's like enough already :-)
I blame al qaeda for this. Arnt they always to.blame? :woohoo:
jaz1259

Post by jaz1259 »

dancanovas wrote:
cozmo1589 wrote:Come on guys I am trying to watch Ice Road Truckers on the Bio HD channel and can stop watching this thread, it's like enough already :-)
I've got to challenge that this isnt the place for racism!
gebrauchtwagen83

Post by gebrauchtwagen83 »

jaz1259 wrote:
dancanovas wrote:
I've got to challenge that this isnt the place for racism!
Couple of enduros and you think your in the dakar
GB

Post by GB »

OB1 wrote:
davsato wrote:i dont know whats up lately
Cabin fever: most people have been unable or unwilling to take their bikes out over the winter and their frustration is boiling over into the forum. It's a bit like a silly season with hardly any ride reports and the like, so people start posting their frustrations about other road users, the lack of "real bikers" and their frustration at the government/EU parliament rulings.

Give it a few weeks and things should get back to normal... whatever that is! :woohoo: :blink:
Fair weather riders :laugh: not you OB1 ;)
Finally back on a GS :D
Mul001

Post by Mul001 »

Who’d want to be a Mod. Folks with day jobs and personal lives and they have to sort out all our “toys out the pram” moments too, in a consistent and fair manner. I’d give you all +1 but even that’s a hot topic at the moment. Abusive Private messages and the like – I’ve lead a very sheltered life, it never occurred to me, that one !

I think the Forum is going through the adolescent phase, (remember if you’re not going through an adolescent phase, then ok, it doesn’t apply to you, and “how dare you tell me …” in a similar vein). The euphoria of the New Mag and New forum has settled down and in my opinion (because I wouldn’t dare tell you what you think !) we’ve yet to reach maturity. It is also true familiarity breeds contempt. Sometimes we’re all guilty of over-stepping the mark. I know I can be way too flippant sometimes (public apology moment, sorry James) and it probably does me no favours. I sometimes call myself “kill a topic dead Mul”, but that’s just my observation and it doesn’t stop me contributing, occasionally, helpfully.

I’ve felt this coming for a while and alluded to the simmering of an issue when I posted the first reply to Pheebs after 40 odd views and no reply to that topic (incidentally nobody read between the lines either- maybe I was too subtle or head in the sand, I dunno). This doesn’t apply to everyone but there is a suggestion that we have become too clicky only replying to your, my, our, regular circle. I’ve tried posting into the wrong thread and have been blanked – I wasn’t in their sub gang of OUR Forum, and I might as well not have bothered. I used the word “Wrong” carefully. No thread should be felt to be “Wrong” to reply to. It feels like being a stranger in a pub walking in on a conversation. That’s fine and human nature. We’d blank someone in a pub or brush off, but it’s different in cyberland - there’s no face to face. Isn’t 70-90% (depends who you talk to) of interaction etc down to NVC, Non Verbal Communication. Forums by their nature have next to zero NVC apart from emoticons.

Then there’s the Welcome Newbie, who get lots of replies then posts a thread and gets more or less blanked. Seen it happen time and time again.

I’m getting tired explaining every sentence in a non biased, I’m not getting at “you” manner. But in a self help moment of honesty and washing the dirty laundry, I shall continue.

Terse, funny, annoyed, helpful, pick an adjective, any adjective – they’re all on here and sorting out what somebody meant to say is hard. Some would argue “say what you mean and mean what you say”. Ok, but it’s not easy sometimes. SAD, No, not you lot, Seasonally Affected Disorder, might be something to it, this time of year.

Personally, I’ve been on other naff Forums, and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with this Forum, all (ok some, and if some, who – not me – must be you) the regular posters just maybe (I’m not telling you…) could do with a wee dose acceptance of others and their ways. None of what I’ve said above gets me down or annoyed. Life’s too short.

See how hard it is to try and not offend anyone at all, ever and yet get a message across. I’m drained, and the post end up looking a mess. Maybe I’m just no good at it.

Oh, that’s it. Boss and Mods, you can’t let your guard down to protect the Brand and image but I appreciate you’ve all got better things to do. So let us all unite once more and drop a Defcon level or two.

So, who’s up for an ABR this weekend ?
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

I went to a funeral yesterday of a very well liked, admired and respected lady (my wife's aunt who I have known for 18 years) who passed on 2 weeks ago aged just 60.

It was the saddest funeral I've been to since my Dads when I was 18 in 1987.

Arguing on forums? get a grip.
"The distant echo of faraway voices boarding far away trains,

To take them home to the ones that they love and who love them forever......."
placky2

Post by placky2 »

Whats happened!I dont come on much these days becouse of sniping and stupid comments.not logged on for about a month now,be a while before i do so again i think.i joined to get to know fellow abr's and have some fun not read a lot of political and sometimes nasty talk.sorry to hear of members leaving and getting banned.get the crap filtered out and leave the site for the good guys please.see you all in the future,ride safe and enjoy life.
bosses are like nappys,always hanging round ya arse and full of shit.

life is like a shit sandwich,the more bread you have the less shit you eat.

never get into owt you cant get out of.
doctorzippy

Post by doctorzippy »

About time this thread was locked and put to bed or all we're going to see is yet more "what's happened?" posts.

Put the bad times behind us and move on.
Life is a journey, not a destination
Alun

Post by Alun »

doctorzippy wrote:About time this thread was locked and put to bed or all we're going to see is yet more "what's happened?" posts.

Put the bad times behind us and move on.
Done. :)

Return to “SUGGESTION BOX”