Brand opinions: Halvarssons, Lindstrands etc

Does my ass look big in these?
Warthog

Brand opinions: Halvarssons, Lindstrands etc

Post by Warthog »

I found a new bike shop today with lots of nice accessories and stuff: Especially stuff that keeps you warm: winter is approaching and Estonian predictions are of a record-breaker cold season!!

Although I rode all year last year, there were some very uncomfortable moments when I just had to stop to warm up: not something that has happened often.

So what are thee brands like in terms of quality, warmth, durability, protection: the usual. They certainly looked very nice.
[ul]
[li]Halvarrsons[/li]
[li]Lindstrands[/li]
[/ul]
scouse

Re: Brand opinions: Halvarssons, Lindstrands etc

Post by scouse »

They are both produced by Swedish company Jofama

I have the Halversonns Targa pants and so far they haven't leaked and were comfortable at high speeds and in the heat wave in Europe this summer were very comfortable.

I am considering getting the Optimal jacket as well. Big thumbs up from me!
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

non porus outer layer such as army flexi leggings
put over decent gear in cold wet
job done around 15 quid 100 percent windproof 100 percent water proof
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
backofbeyond

Post by backofbeyond »

I have some Halversonns winter spec gloves (can't find the exact model) which have been ok but not as good as the marketing or reviews led me to believe they would be. Stitching started to come apart on one of the fingers within a couple of months and they're not as warm as the 10yr old Frank Thomas's they were replacing despite looking the part. Ok for spring and autumn but not good enough for winter and too warm for summer.

The ups and downs of 40 years on two wheels

www.pisquicktours.co.uk

Do the best you can, then try to live it down.

CCM604 Honda XR600 Honda CBX1000

Honda 400/4 Yamaha XS2 650 Kawasaki H1 500

Lotus Elan, Land Rover Discovery
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

Get a thermal waterproof oversuit
a pain to get in and out of but once in your body will stay warm, just look after your toes
http://www.louis.de/_10aa33382c4061dab4 ... _gr=208852
http://www.louis.de/shop/img250/208852_ ... MOD_09.JPG
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

scouse

Post by scouse »

backofbeyond wrote:I have some Halversonns winter spec gloves (can't find the exact model) which have been ok but not as good as the marketing or reviews led me to believe they would be. Stitching started to come apart on one of the fingers within a couple of months and they're not as warm as the 10yr old Frank Thomas's they were replacing despite looking the part. Ok for spring and autumn but not good enough for winter and too warm for summer.
Amazing! I gave up using Frank Thomas stuff years ago as never had anything last longer than six months before falling apart or leaking the first time it rained.

Have to admit didn't get on with the gloves which reminded me of the same build quality and feel as ... Frank Thomas. But can't fault the trousers. Slid a bit down hill in them on the second off at the Stella. After getting all the dust and mud "washed off" during the storm in Dijon a couple of days later they still looked brand new - no abrasion marks at all. Used them virtually daily since and still no leaks.
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen

Return to “CLOTHING”