tents

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
moto al

tents

Post by moto al »

hi chaps,has anyone used a nordkap, tipi tent. im thinking of getting one ,any info please .cheers al
moto al
sheikyabooty

Re: tents

Post by sheikyabooty »

Never used any of those but have you considered the MSR mutha hubba. Fantastic relatively light and bloody easy to put up. I used one of these on my last big trip and it never failed me once.
GreaseGorilla

Post by GreaseGorilla »

one word KHYAM get a 2 man or even 3, they are bulky and fairly heavy but with practice up in 45 seconds and tons of room for gear with porches that zip up front and rear.....one fro storing gear one for getting in n out..
Relax, I'm Hilarious!
Dr.Jekyll

Post by Dr.Jekyll »

In three words not very good.... its single skin so condensation forms on the inside, the slight breeze and it then rains down on you inside getting everything wet. The shape is always against you, the pole is in the middle - great. but you then can't sleep in any sort of logical way, you get space around you that is not used. Try one and you will see.

Have a look at the Argos branded (same sort of shape/single skin arrangement) tent and the reviews they get and make your own mind up. My opinion.... don't get one.

http://reviews.argos.co.uk/1493-en_gb/3 ... eviews.htm
F800GS 2010 black/orange
mountainwhale

Post by mountainwhale »

I've had a tentipi for years and I absolutely love it, one of the best pieces of kit I ever got. Expensive but it'll last forever and is bombproof.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
special one

Post by special one »

Vango banshee 300, 2.4kgs, easy to put up, small pack size, fits in my topbox on top of my clothes.
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
Selous

Post by Selous »

Vango Omega 250, great tent easy to put up & a sleeping vestibule & a area you can put all your bike gear & cook in if need to depending on cooker

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com

Return to “THE PUB”