Good Food Guide

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Jim Lovell

Good Food Guide

Post by Jim Lovell »

I thought i would start a thread on places you have eaten in your area or whilst touring etc, mainly for good food, service, cost etc,:) although bad experieces could also be included its up to you if you want to name and shame.:(

Foresters in Brockenhurst, i would rate it at 10/10. Food is fantastic polite service and good value for money. I would advise booking as it gets really busy in the summer with tourist and equally busy with locals in the winter.

Rose and Crown, Brockenhurst 6/10 its ok if the Foresters is full up, could do with a coat of paint. reasonble prices though.

Snakecatcher, Brockenhurst 5/10 ok for a drink, food is pricey and really not great. Probably wouldn't eat there again which is a shame as it is probably the nicest pub of the three, it has a great beer garden.

Smugglers Inn, Milford on Sea 10/10 a huge old pub excellent food friendly staff, its a must for anyone passing through, the meals are huge so make sure your hungry, my chicken and veg pie chips and veg came on three seperate plates and set me up nicely for the long walk along Hurst spit to Hurst Castle, next time i will walk first eat later.

Portsmouth Hoy, Poole Quay 9/10 good food friendly staff great in the summer to sit on the Quay watching the boats and people, the menu is greatly reduced in winter but still worth a visit.

Red Lion, Hamworthy Poole, 10/10 good food friendly staff good value (its a hungry horse) 2 meals for £8.00.

Yachtsman, Hamworthy Poole, avoid at all cost 0/10 food was crap, cold, small portions expensive and staff not very friendly, its a shame really as its a short walk for me.

Always Frydays, Hamworthy Poole, 10/10 best chip shop in the area.
Real men ride twins ;-)
africajim

Re:Good Food Guide

Post by africajim »

Germany, Benno's truck stop on the east bank of the Rhine north of Mienz, we went there a couple of times while staying in the area, food's great and eat all you can, really cheap too, it's a favourite bikers haunt. Recommended.
Honda, the power of dreams.
herman

Post by herman »

Excellent idea,how about a burger van directory/recomended list.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
africajim

Post by africajim »

Not a bad idea Herman, when organising a weekend or Sunday run it could be checked for biker friendly eateries! Could be listed in Shires for handiness!

Ok, for a kick off, transport cafe, southside of Newtonmore, good food, good price, far more reasonable than Aviemore and only a few miles down the scenic old A9!
Honda, the power of dreams.
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

There is a wicked burger Van/truck stop in Dorchester in the car park at the top of town
the food is excellent the right price and huge portions, also the truckers cafe at Poole Port £5.50 for a gut buster and open early to late, we often go there before a ride out as the breakie keeps you going all day.
Real men ride twins ;-)
Alun

Post by Alun »

If you're ever travelling through the Rhondda Valley and you like 'fish n chips' then make a stop at the Crispy Cod in Tonyrefail. Nothing's pre-cooked so order when you arrive. Crispy, tastey batter and moist white flakes of pure unblemished Faroe Isles cod awaits. Lipsmacking.
scouse

Post by scouse »

La Baita, Bardonecchia - Best pizza and pasta in town - relaxed place much favoured by the Brits and the Dutch during Stella weekend. Bit of a Tardis, with a small area in the bar for during the week and massive room at back for the weekend.

Great menu and really cheap way of filling you up with the extra carbs and calories for the Sunday ascent. On Stazion just past the station.
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

Harpers Fish & chip shop at Wetwang on the A166 York-Driffield Road

Mmmmmmm Yummy
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
MidnightSerenity

Post by MidnightSerenity »

My favourite restaurant is Marconarto's in Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire. It's got a fantastic relaxed atmosphere and the food is very very yummy!!

My favourite dish is Penne Filleto e Piccante, which is spicy strips of fillet steak cooked with garlic, home-made tomato sauce, fresh chilli and served with pasta.

Every time I have been there, I have the same thing - the waiters/waitresses there take my order without me having to open my mouth!!! Oh, and the house red is super-delicious too!! ;)
Logo2.jpg
Logo2.jpg (16.89 KiB) Viewed 2075 times

"At Marconato we let our customers and food do the talking!"
31 High Street, Hoddesdon, Herts, EN11 8TA
Telephone: 01992 444336
davsato

Post by davsato »

herman wrote:
Excellent idea,how about a burger van directory/recomended list.
Micks, portsdown hill viewpoint(portsmouth) good burgers, good value, i recommend any of the burgers, but especially the 'animal', always lots of unusual vehicles to look at, its a meet for many clubs.
watch out for nervous tranny doggers running away from the police at the other end of the hill, apparently its one of the top 3 dogging sites in britain
Dave

Return to “THE PUB”