ABR Holy Grail Rally 2012

Join the Crusade
Paul Neate

Re: ABR Holy Grail Rally 2012

Post by Paul Neate »

Surely Rosslyn Chapel should be on the list (if Dan Brown is to be believed).
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Not just Dan Brown... Remember he just copied a load of already established stories and no I'm not talking about plagarism

but if you do accept the Da Vinci Code version of events, should Temple Church be in there?
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
scouse

Post by scouse »

Mad Cow wrote:Not just Dan Brown... Remember he just copied a load of already established stories and no I'm not talking about plagarism

but if you do accept the Da Vinci Code version of events, should Temple Church be in there?
It could be said as well that there are quite a few other notable ones missing as well... I personally would have also thought Ely and Lincoln,and seeing as Elgin is just a ruin and not strictly a cathedral any more possibly Beverley Minster could have been in there for some aesthetic and historical values... everyone's a critic eh :D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

Once I have slain the fire breathing dragon that holds me captive within these walls. I too will mount the beast and venture forth in quest for the hole-y-pail.
More early knight than black knight!!!
James691

Post by James691 »

:laugh: :laugh: Very interesting!

It's not based on any one aspect of the myths and legends of Church, Templar, Mason, Celtic folk lore, Leonardo, Indiana Jones or indeed Monty Python :)

It's a fun theme rally that takes in some beautiful places and they have been picked for a reason, not all the reasons for the places come from the same doctrine and the pattern is intentional but not for any of the reasons above.

To include all the locations that would show the rally run across the globe and about 300+ locations in the UK.

The resting place of Excalibur has about 5 locations that claim to be the lake. Avalon and the stone that held the sword also has many a runner for the location.

So it is possible to run a myriad of locations - I picked a number that is doable and fun while still having the element of challenge and fun :)

There will also be a small surprise when you think you are at the end of the Holy Grail Rally :)

But as ever, always interesting to see a good debate going on.

I will be adding some Northern Ireland locations to the rally for no greater reason that to ensure that all riders are represented in what I hope will be great fun for all :)

Best of luck Ladies and Gentlemen - Happy 2012 and once you sober up you are free to start your engines.

The rest of the admin will be sorted out after the festive few days is over, as I imagine that the ABR office will be on catchup for a few days.

Jimbo - the stickers/patches are always a great idea but I need to speak to Alun first about anything like that and will do at the Freeze Dartmoor Rally - it is his Logo and no use of it happens without his express approval obviously :)

As soon as that is sorted and if approved I will call you about any graphics and layouts mates - looks to be a wonderful year!! :)
Dancing in the moonlight
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Sorry if you've replied to a similar question already and I've missed the answer;
Are we keeping our numbers as per the Nature Rally?
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
James691

Post by James691 »

Hiya Mark,

Yes mate, in short those that have a special number will be able to retain that number for the Grail Rally. I just need to get hold of a forum admin to make a section up then I will spend some time sorting out and ABR Holy Grail Rally Section as per 2011.

I hope to find many a new rider to the sport this year but I have files of everyone's number buddy ;)
Dancing in the moonlight
Ubique 895

Post by Ubique 895 »

James - I am that new rider! New to riding (June '11) New to the forum, new to the mag and new to rallying!

P.s Can I have number 895 for the rally please :)
"Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt"
mawse

Post by mawse »

James691 wrote::laugh: :laugh: Very interesting!

Jimbo - the stickers/patches are always a great idea but I need to speak to Alun first about anything like that and will do at the Freeze Dartmoor Rally - it is his Logo and no use of it happens without his express approval obviously :)

As soon as that is sorted and if approved I will call you about any graphics and layouts mates - looks to be a wonderful year!! :)

Oh now then - stickers :laugh: I do like a good sticker and if the BBRR group have stickers and bragging rights I think the Rally/Quest team should be allowed some bragging rights :woohoo:
Lord Vader

Post by Lord Vader »

Come on. It's got Holy Grail in the title so I recon this should be in :woohoo:

and your mother smells of Elderberrys :laugh:

My wife and our bike in front of the "Holy Grail castle "

I dont need a MP3 player on my bike.The voices in my head sing to me all the time

Return to “ABR Holy Grail Rally 2012”