Does anyone else struggle with corners?

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
sallysbuns

Does anyone else struggle with corners?

Post by sallysbuns »

Hi all im a newbie on the site, looks like a good site for a first timer, i ride a 600 yamaha divi and have done for the last three years, not as often a i would like to due to my seven year old son.
Jim Lovell

Re:Does anyone else struggle with corners?

Post by Jim Lovell »

Hi Sally, corners ha ha, what can i say think you mean bends:laugh:
Keep the wire tight and hang on.
I will never forget the little ride through the Piddles a couple months ago.:lol: :lol: :lol:
Real men ride twins ;-)
Alun

Post by Alun »

Hello and welcome to the forum sallybuns.

The general rule on this site is corners are optional and if he were my son I'd tell him to get his own bike.
dusi

Post by dusi »

Hi Sally, the corners are the best bits, what are you struggling with, your riding ability or confidence, or a bike problem? Regards Dusi
herman

Post by herman »

Wrong gear selected. Most of us are lazy and stick the bike in top and expect the bike to go everywhere. Brake ,select gear,pick line and gentle power thru the bend. B)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

After I got my licence I was taught how to corner by my mate, I was on a tall traily DR650 he was on a sports bike GSXR750,
anyhow he taught me every wrong trick in the book and took me from mouse to hooligan.
Now I'm not suggesting you follow the same method, but the only way you'll get the confidence is through practise and that is done best with someone watching and picking out what can be improved.
the main mistake has been mentioned ie wrong gear
Que answer "Whats wrong with the gear I'm wearing"
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

dusi

Post by dusi »

Practice might not make perfect, but it will improve your skills, where about's are you, maybe some kind souls on here could help? Regards Dus
MidnightSerenity

Post by MidnightSerenity »

Hi Sally, welcome to the site! I wish I could offer advice, but at the moment I'm practicing on my little 125 and need to sort out stalling at T-Junctions - finding the right gear would be start I think!! Corners/bends are on my list of things to perfect!!! :blink:

Happy riding! :)
sallysbuns

Post by sallysbuns »

Thanks too all for your warm welcome, After reading all of your posts i just need more pratice and confidence.
If anyone is around the poole area next weekend and is on a ride out the pratice would come in handy.
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Hi Sally

Welcome to the forum ..

I came across this website , whilst I was searching for info on biker camping has some interesting reading .. on corners as well .

http://www.lazymotorbike.eu/tips/corners/

Might help .. :)

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”