Do I need a bigger computer screen

Help, rules, advice and announcements.
zimtim

Do I need a bigger computer screen

Post by zimtim »

Is it just me or has anyone else had this problem. When I log on to the site everything is fine, however when i get into the forum the forum takes ove the entire screen and then some actually need a screen about 3 foot long,:angry: but when i get into a thread they are actually back to normal size:huh:
backofbeyond

Re: Do I need a bigger computer screen

Post by backofbeyond »

It may well be you - or at least the browser on your computer. Have you tried using a different browser - there's loads to choose from. I'm using Firefox and / or Safari as the mood takes and they both work ok. There are differences between browsers - I can't alter my profile in Firefox - the buttons to get into it don't exist, but they do in Safari.

The ups and downs of 40 years on two wheels

www.pisquicktours.co.uk

Do the best you can, then try to live it down.

CCM604 Honda XR600 Honda CBX1000

Honda 400/4 Yamaha XS2 650 Kawasaki H1 500

Lotus Elan, Land Rover Discovery
appleby

Post by appleby »

I am getting the same thing here!

Loads of issues with this site on Internet Explorer 9, yet no problems at all on the other systems around the house on IE8? ;)

Mind you, the smilies have been mended at last! :woohoo:
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

I am using IE9 and have had no problems until last week and it has slowly got worse and worse, tonight had even started post and you know what seems like it has sorted its self, or has it we will see. I didnt like Firefox much and have used Google chrome although dont go much on thay either had loads of probs in past
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Have just noticed that each time I press the forum button after finnishing reading a thread it increases in size, so back and forth, so back and forth,so back and forth,so back and forth and it gets bigger and bigger :unsure:
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Hi Tim...

I`ve used firefox for years and never had a problem just update as required..
if it works on ie8 then its ie9 :evil: ...

if it started on large then you`ve increased the page size ..like the old blind bids do down the library :whistle: .

have you tried uninstalling ie9 then reinstall...or better still get firefox its faster too :P :P
ipswichbiker

Post by ipswichbiker »

+1 for firefox. It is much faster. Its like upgrading your computer and internet connection but for free.
I went to the Caribbean on holiday with my wife last year.

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

bluey

Post by bluey »

yes was happening to me

check if windows 7 or xp uptop click tools and check see if the compatabilty view is ticked or not if not try ticking it if it is ticked try un ticking it

hope this helps
davsato

Post by davsato »

a lot of problems are being caused by IE9(not just this website, many of them. problems with security settings and add-ons causing conflicts with out of date certification)
mine was fine on IE8, then i updated to 9 and things started to go haywire, so i rolled back to 8 but the problems kept up so i went back to 9. keep getting pop-up security warnings and have to click to accept some websites. things are slowly getting better as web browsers and sites update their certificates, but microsoft shouldnt update something so universal without making sure everyones ready!
Dave
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

It's IE9, a right pain in the a*se.
I only get a problem with ABR tho, so tend to open it with Safari.
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.

Return to “WEBSITE AND FORUM STUFF”