SWM is back in UK

The Things We Ride
Richard Simpson Mark II

SWM is back in UK

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

New importer is Trago Mills...the 'diverse' household retailer in Devon, Cornwall and South Wales.

The range is: 125 enduro & SM (£4000), 300 4T Enduro (£7500), 500 Enduro & Sm (£7700 and £7300), a 500 with a Honda XBR 500 clone engine that looks like the old Silver Vase model (£4300) and a 125 KTM Duke clone (£3700) that looks a bit Chinese.
nathanm

Re: SWM is back in UK

Post by nathanm »

That is the oddest hook up I think I've ever seen! Will they have dealers or is it mail order?

Prices seem a bit strong for a brand with a damaged reputation from the last two failed efforts.

Shame, I remember them being decent bikes.
IanB

Post by IanB »

Speedy Working Motors

Had a few over the years, always been good.
Time knows no limits for days such as these.............
Richard Simpson Mark II

Trago does sell motorcycle gear, and has a budget bike dealership in Devon selling Lexmoto, Herald, Voge etc. But they are apparently looking to appoint SWM dealers.
Richard Simpson Mark II

IanB wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:41 pm Speedy Working Motors

Had a few over the years, always been good.
the enduro/SM models are left overs from when BMW owned Husqvarna, and the others are rebadged Shinerays from China.. Shineray owns SWM.
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

Trago 2 Wheels is 5 minutes down the road from me, a long established motorcycle retailer, sells kit, parts etc and offers a full range of rider training.
We see a lot of their products on the roads around here, if they can sell the SWM in enough numbers they will make the leap to main stream.
They don't list the Voge rally but have other models for sale, might pop by later and have a look.
Last edited by Snaf MKII on Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Simpson Mark II

The boss of Trago points out that they offer 'cheap mobility' to a wide range of customers in predominantly rural areas without some of the 'baggage' that comes with conventional motorcycle dealers.
Good move...from my time 'in the trade' I know that an attractively priced offer of bike, basic kit and training can get people onto two powered wheels without any nonsensical biker lifestyle stuff.
Off on a tangent here, but I doubt if electric cars will ever be an attractive affordable proposition for many, while electric two-wheelers will.
Globally electric PTWs far outsell electric cars.
In Nigeria they've launched a range of motorcycles with 'swappable batteries' and 'filling stations' where you can swap your discharged battery for a charged one for a fraction of the price of a tank of fuel.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:03 pm The boss of Trago points out that they offer 'cheap mobility' to a wide range of customers in predominantly rural areas without some of the 'baggage' that comes with conventional motorcycle dealers.
Good move...from my time 'in the trade' I know that an attractively priced offer of bike, basic kit and training can get people onto two powered wheels without any nonsensical biker lifestyle stuff.
Off on a tangent here, but I doubt if electric cars will ever be an attractive affordable proposition for many, while electric two-wheelers will.
Globally electric PTWs far outsell electric cars.
In Nigeria they've launched a range of motorcycles with 'swappable batteries' and 'filling stations' where you can swap your discharged battery for a charged one for a fraction of the price of a tank of fuel.
Spot on Richard.

Always loved our visits to the madness of Trago Mills when down that way. Are the Councillors’ gargoyles and the rant board still there? I remember them trying to change Councils so they could develop more that they were allowed.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Richard Simpson Mark II

To be honest, I've only been once. Got a good deal on a tin of WD40, a bulb for our outside light, a pair of Oxford motorcycle boots and a new office chair. I got a black mark for not being interested in the rugs, though, so have not been back.
There's an ever-growing flock of chickens there...mostly cockerels...because people dump their surplus cockerels there rather than eat them.
Well worth a visit...if you can avoid the rugs, and the cockerels.

:)
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

I had a SWM RS500 enduro in 2016 to 2020. Was a good bike, reliable with plenty of performance.

(Was really a Husky 510 from 2011).

If I was in the market, I'd ave another.

Return to “BIKES”