A suggestion for the review section.

Have some feedback and input to share? Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make this site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
Warthog

A suggestion for the review section.

Post by Warthog »

We've all had bikes that were probably not that good but somehow were more than the sum of their parts and we loved them for it.

When writing my review of my Ural I realised that it looked like a crap bike based on the 1-10 scores it got for individual criteria. It doesn't handle, it has no power, it has iffy brakes and is not a Pan European in terms of reliability. But I love it to bits and to ride it is a blast, despite all those compnonets that seem sub-standard by themselves....

My suggestion is another criteria.
Call it the the "grin factor" category or something like that.

I know that these reviews are "just the facts ma'am, just the facts", but it would give readers an idea of how if makes the rider feel in terms of emotional involvement.
Treadtrader

Re:A suggestion for the review section.

Post by Treadtrader »

A pal of mine has allways owned sports bikes, R1, ZX10R and latest Fireblade. You get the picture.
Turned up at my house on saturday on his brand new bike.........
Triumph Thruxton!!!
He loves it, it has'nt got the brakes or power but it has the "grin factor"
You can't allways judge by a points system, sometimes emotion counts.
My "other bike" is a Triumph Trophy 900, but i like it.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Warthog

Post by Warthog »

Treadtrader wrote:
You can't allways judge by a points system, sometimes emotion counts.
Precisely. and also why I am anadvocate of the test ride rather than the spec sheet!
Alun

Post by Alun »

Nice idea, I'll check it out now. Thanks.
Alun

Post by Alun »

Okay, 'grin factor' is now a feature of the reviews. It's not in the main criteria section as adding a new field would throw out all the review 'scores' that have been entered to date. Thanks for the suggestion.
ADV.John

Re: A suggestion for the review section.

Post by ADV.John »

May I make a surgestion In the bike review i can only find Suzuki DL650x which I believe is the new one with the metal box's on. Mine a 10 plate but say's DL650A ???. so please could you open it up more then one model. which is why I think it's had loads of looks but no ones posted.

Cheers John
Alun

Re: A suggestion for the review section.

Post by Alun »

ADV.John wrote:May I make a surgestion In the bike review i can only find Suzuki DL650x which I believe is the new one with the metal box's on. Mine a 10 plate but say's DL650A ???. so please could you open it up more then one model. which is why I think it's had loads of looks but no ones posted.

Cheers John
John, all members can post up a new bike listing - you'll find an 'add new listing' link on the reviews section. Then you can post up a review.

With the DL650 I reckon if you make it clear in the first line of your review that yours is a 'A' it would be better posting the review in the listing that's already there rather than creating a new one.

Return to “SUGGESTION BOX”