TAT

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Shanallenakn

TAT

Post by Shanallenakn »

Hello
anyone done the TAT?
If so any advice, and does anyone know of a decent motorcycle shop in Florida that sells off-road bikes :D
TIA!
Schoe000

Re: TAT

Post by Schoe000 »

Yep did the TAT a few years ago. Its not really a trail more a collection of surfaced roads, not what I was expecting. Nearly all the road you could drive a car down. I bought my bike in Virginia with the number plates on, and insured through Progressive. No problems at all.
Sanqhar

Post by Sanqhar »

... and today was a good day in the life of...
Bart1

Post by Bart1 »

I did it solo in 2007, bought a DR650 on ebay usa in Virginia, had it titled in my name and sold it in California. Should have kept it really.
In the US the DMV(Department of Motor Vehicles) rules vary from state to state so you need to do some homework re registering a vehicle and get conformation in writing that it is possible. Having a address of someone you know over there is also very handy. Post 9/11 I'm sure things are tougher in this regard.

When I did it a few of the roads in the east were surfaced but most were dirt/gravel/sand, it gets harder the further west you get . I would not want to buy a car from Schoe000 over there. They are often less technical than UK trails but the remoteness amplifies any problems a lot.

Go for it.

Return to “TRAVEL”