YULETIDE RALLY 2023 REVIVED its back on

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
catcitrus

Re: YULETIDE RALLY 2023 REVIVED its back on

Post by catcitrus »

Tredown wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:42 am Camping now £15 for the weekend, and they are making a donation to the Air Ambulance !
Tim
well done Tim
Desmo

Post by Desmo »

Tredown wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:42 am Camping now £15 for the weekend, and they are making a donation to the Air Ambulance !
Tim
Thats a really good result .... Well done :D
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

Well done Sir.
nicknick

Post by nicknick »

Great - well done
AdventureDisco

Post by AdventureDisco »

Looking forward to catching up with some of the old timers, no names mentioned of course 😁 Let's hope people manage get out and make the most of it, don't forget the mince pies everyone 😄
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Great weekend. Worth doing again next year. A small band turned up and did various ride outs on Saturday. I Left early on Sunday (and skipped my breakfast) to try and beat the heavy rain---failed miserably--it only sort of stopped in the last 10 miles of a 300 mile very wet trip back to South Lincs. At one point on an underpass on the A46 coming up to the M6 junction I hit a very deep pond and the car on my inside threw up such a wall of water that I just had to keep straight and hope because it was like being totally submerged and I could't see a thing. I actually only got a bit damp in places which was acceptable after 5 hours of torrential rain and spray.
AdventureDisco

Post by AdventureDisco »

Good to see everyone down in Devon this weekend, had a great road ride led by Rob (thanks chap) some guys braved a bit of the TET, fair play to them. The pub looked after us and the breakfast was great.
Spread the word folks, we need to keep these smaller social rallies alive as its where you get to properly chat with like minded folk and will wet the appetite for other trips and events in the future.
Thanks Tim for organising this weekend, very much appreciate the effort although you tell me it's no effort at all 😂
Tredown

Post by Tredown »

Big thanks to all the brave soles who battled the weather this weekend to make the 2023 Yule tide Rally a great success
We raised £ 430 for the Air Ambulance, we even got a donation from the Fox andHounds Pub. I’ll send it to them and get a receipt.
I’ll organise it again for next year now we know the venue works.
Tim Selwyn
Desmo

Post by Desmo »

Thank you Tim for sorting out the 2023 Yule Tide Rally Great staff at the Fox and Hounds, super breakfast, splendid campsite in the middle of Dartmoor what more do you need ? :)
devon john

Post by devon john »

thank you Tim for taken on this long standing event on ,,,
numbers were down a bit but everyone they attended enjoyed the new venue
we just need a few more to come like the early days ,,
a great amount raised again ,, thats over £10,000 since the beginning ,,,

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”