Wait, + it fixes itself?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
garyboy

Re: Wait, + it fixes itself?

Post by garyboy »

Aww .. thanks for that, guys .. Steve, for the post, and Bob for the thumbs up. ... met you both, of course.

Steve, .. I have moved now, to a far far better place, lol,
and Bob, .. always love to see your travels, and fortitude.

Strange, I was just thinking I was going to discontinue this thread, as folks probably think it's boring or stupid.
Can't argue with that. But I waited, and it fixed itself .

. Even an offer of much-needed psychological therapy, lol.

If its slow on here, and I'm bored, I do try to create a colourful post and display. It helps me out too, as I really enjoy writing and posting pics.

So .. (its your own faults), I shall continue annoying y"all. :mrgreen: 8-) :? :lol:
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

what possibly may make my posts `interesting`, is that they are 100% true, here and on other threads too, with just the occasional ironic one.
This next post, again is true.. and somewhat serious.

A few years ago I started having some arthritis. It started first when i was out in the cold for a very long time (power-washing the patio slabs). I was laid up for about 6 months, almost all, In Bed.
I didnt go to the docs (don't trust 'em) and took no treatment, as i don't believe in prescribed drugs, on the whole.
I waited ... and it fixed itself.
back to normal.

I wouldn't lean my lesson and it happened again.. a few times. the most recent being now,.. and its by far the worst.
I've read that arthritis `only gets worse`.
But i am putting trust in my own immune system (like I did in `covid`) .. keeping my arm warm (with a cut-down sock lol) and staying in out of the cold.
I am waiting .. and it is slowly getting better. .. or.. not so bad.

I always thought that people rush to the doctors at the slightest whimple, and seem to think that drugs will cure the ailment. and immediately,
but of course, the side effects often are much worse that the disease? and the end result, perhaps delayed, still end up the same. (I hope you can contradict me )

I saw on tv, at one time, a doctor saying the same thing.
We seem to forget that our white blood cells and antibodies are far more powerful than any serum or tablet.
... but who am i to disown the multi million dollar big pharma scam. ?
Magnusson

Post by Magnusson »

My posts are also always 100% true. Even if they oppose yours. From my experience I can say with full confidence that truth is not what makes posts interesting. But, like Mark once said. "Two men say they're Jesus. One of them must be wrong." I'm not saying that one of us is Jesus, but that one of us must be wrong. Yet I know it's not me. :D
Champagne taste on beer budget.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

My God .. that is So true .

and Never the Twain shall meet.
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

garyboy wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:52 pm what possibly may make my posts `interesting`, is that they are 100% true, here and on other threads too, with just the occasional ironic one.
This next post, again is true.. and somewhat serious.

A few years ago I started having some arthritis. It started first when i was out in the cold for a very long time (power-washing the patio slabs). I was laid up for about 6 months, almost all, In Bed.
I didnt go to the docs (don't trust 'em) and took no treatment, as i don't believe in prescribed drugs, on the whole.
I waited ... and it fixed itself.
back to normal.

I wouldn't lean my lesson and it happened again.. a few times. the most recent being now,.. and its by far the worst.
I've read that arthritis `only gets worse`.
But i am putting trust in my own immune system (like I did in `covid`) .. keeping my arm warm (with a cut-down sock lol) and staying in out of the cold.
I am waiting .. and it is slowly getting better. .. or.. not so bad.

I always thought that people rush to the doctors at the slightest whimple, and seem to think that drugs will cure the ailment. and immediately,
but of course, the side effects often are much worse that the disease? and the end result, perhaps delayed, still end up the same. (I hope you can contradict me )

I saw on tv, at one time, a doctor saying the same thing.
We seem to forget that our white blood cells and antibodies are far more powerful than any serum or tablet.
... but who am i to disown the multi million dollar big pharma scam. ?
One thing that doesn’t fix itself… dying. I’ve not yet seen any patients suffering from a serious heart attack just wait and it gets better… just saying 😉
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Entertaining as always garyboy...keep it coming...your posts always make me laugh (in a good way) 8-) .

One thing I know that doesn't fix itself...is my Bank balance... :( . Something always crops up unexpectedly to put a dent in it.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Chris .. you're being unreasonable now, by bringing reality and common sense into my well-founded argument.

Dying is much overrated in this country and I try mostly to avoid it.

Lately, I have been receiving multiple adverts for burial/cremations, but I'm not going to fall for them, and keeping well away.

I shall simply Wait .. and see what happens.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I attended a first aid course, many many years ago. The instructor mentioned that of all the cases he had applied cpr, to a serious incident, none had ever survived.

These were the days of 'the kiss of life', and I remember thinking "if its an ugly person, they were going to have to pass away, as intended " Nowadays, it's just hands, apparently? Far more humane, (if it was Me intervening. )

I just had a thought, perhaps that first aid instructor was simply inept? Or demonstrating the wrong technique.? Well, its certainly changed now isn't it.

There used to be a lot of public information in this on TV.. but of course there's no profit for big business in it, is there.

There is however, much of a to do about defibrillators.. but surely they just stop the heart from beating, momentarily, for it to restart itself properly.?

Mind, I admit that I am not the best person to give advice on 'matters of the heart' as my ex used to say.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Scott .. this is a strange one.
A subject I find very unfair and very biased towards, or rather against, working people in this country.

People who have not worked hard all their lives, and not saved, are given state aid, to live in comfort, not always enough, but if in poor health or able to play the system, then can be quite lucrative.

Unjustly, people are proving, all the time, that this government believes that Work should not Pay, in this country.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Wages, and Rates of pay, are carefully calculated to make it just about worthwhile to work, with entrepreneurs having the best prospects. But, these assumptions have now broken down in a catastrophic way. and I feel deeply sorry for good hardworking people try to make headway, in this country, .. and its the same worldwide, apparently.

Globalisation at its best.

But keep trying, you good people,.. Wait .. and it will fix itself (with a little help).

Return to “THE PUB”