Adventure overland and camper event.

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Tonibe63

Adventure overland and camper event.

Post by Tonibe63 »

https://adventure-overland-show.com/

The late summer event is on again at Stratford racecourse on weekend of 16th & 17th September.
Yet again it is free for bikes to get in and also free camping too but you must book tickets
"BIKERS ONLY ~ 1 or 2 adults ~ 2-wheel Weekend Camping Pass
BIKER: 2 x 2-day adult admission Sat & Sun + 3-night camping Fri-Sun (single rider or rider & pillion passenger) FREE PASSES STILL AVAILABLE: £0.00 + fee*"

https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/whats-on ... /t-yaggzor
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
soho

Re: Adventure overland and camper event.

Post by soho »

Thanks for the heads up there !
I've booked and received my ticket. Busy week of travel, with the 'Big Trailie' annual meet in Dent the weekend before also !
( not shittin' on ABR, the Ragley event is impressive by any kind of festival standards, but it's just way too mahoosive for me these days. Although as it is so well organised, maybe next year though just for a day ! Who knows ? )
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Thanks for the nudge.

I went last year and it was a nice event - and an amazing deal. Not going to make it this year, but if anyone is at a loose end, I can think of a lot worse places to be... Some of the overland trucks were quite impressive bits of kit.

Get's my thumbs up.
Pat
Alexhoc

Post by Alexhoc »

I'm not available that weekend but I would love to go, though it's probably best I don't as I don't need more things to spend money on! :D
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Barcelona Pat wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:18 pm Thanks for the nudge.

I went last year and it was a nice event - and an amazing deal. Not going to make it this year, but if anyone is at a loose end, I can think of a lot worse places to be... Some of the overland trucks were quite impressive bits of kit.

Get's my thumbs up.
Pat
I went just for the Saturday last September and the bike field seemed fairly quiet but for this years early season event we camped and the bike field was really busy, especially considering the monsoon rain on the Friday. The big overland trucks are the main attraction with no stands dedicated towards bikes but the chilled out vibe along with beer tent and band plus the accoustic areas were great.
Sadly this September we are already committed elsewhere otherwise we would definitely go again.
Last edited by Tonibe63 on Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
soho

Post by soho »

As this thread has popped up again, here a quick question . Are there washing facilities i.e toilets & showers. Just wondering as I'm now considering paying the full wack, and having the luxury of taking my truck and doing the whole weekend. (Was only planning one night with the bike anyways ,as my old bones don't fit the ground very well these days)
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

soho wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:46 pm As this thread has popped up again, here a quick question . Are there washing facilities i.e toilets & showers. Just wondering as I'm now considering paying the full wack, and having the luxury of taking my truck and doing the whole weekend. (Was only planning one night with the bike anyways ,as my old bones don't fit the ground very well these days)
There are plenty of portaloos plus a couple of brick built toilets and showers at the centre of the infield area (it's actually the camping area in the centre of the racecourse). Last year it was really muddy/wet so facilities were well muddy by the Sunday morning but her indoors didn't complain too much (she doesn't like camping since becoming a Grandparent). We have never carried cooking gear or even a jetboil for making a brew when motorbike camping but there was enough food/tea/beer stands for a couple of days.
I'm cautious about giving recommendations because everybody's expectations are different but have a look on the link in the opening post which has lots of info and maybe do a Facebook search for any reviews. There's also probably some Youtube videos from previous events as there are many van life/youtubers/van builders there.
soho

Post by soho »

Lovely ,thank you.

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”