Adventure Bikes Everywhere!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Brenhden

Adventure Bikes Everywhere!

Post by Brenhden »

Early doors I drove from Stroud to Blackburn today and I started spotting Adventure Bikes fully loaded for camp.

Took me ages to work out where they are all going. Must be a really big event these days!
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Spike941

Re: Adventure Bikes Everywhere!

Post by Spike941 »

Riding south down the Fosse Way in the Cotswolds this morning, passed virtually a continuous procession of fully loaded GSs heading north. Must be a big event somewhere. 🤔
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Heading East from Leicester to Suffolk I spotted lots heading the opposite way on he A14/A11. I was constantly having to keep a happy smile whilst heading to centre parcs for a longstanding family gathering :mrgreen: .
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

It's a bit sad, really - IMO at least.... fully-loaded, so-called 'adventure' bikes heading to an expensive, commercially-planned show in the UK Midlands! Where's the irony in this? 🙂
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

mark vb wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:50 am It's a bit sad, really - IMO at least.... fully-loaded, so-called 'adventure' bikes heading to an expensive, commercially-planned show in the UK Midlands! Where's the irony in this? 🙂
It always amazes me just how much stuff people seem take for a few days away.
Panniers, top box, roll bag on the pillion seat, bags on to of bags on the panniers, crash bar bags…..
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

I have also seen several loaded GS's heading through sunny Aylesbury in the last couple of days (35' ish miles north west of London) 8-).

One bike had a front fork bag/frame on it (I don't think it was a GS) that looked good. A bit like those fork leg bags that cyclists use 8-) .
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

Mmmm. So long as the bag stays on the fork. I’d hate to have it circulating in my front wheel! 🫢
Chalky723

Post by Chalky723 »

OnHellas wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:56 am
mark vb wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:50 am It's a bit sad, really - IMO at least.... fully-loaded, so-called 'adventure' bikes heading to an expensive, commercially-planned show in the UK Midlands! Where's the irony in this? 🙂
It always amazes me just how much stuff people seem take for a few days away.
Panniers, top box, roll bag on the pillion seat, bags on to of bags on the panniers, crash bar bags…..
Maybe they use it as a test run to see what they do & don't need? I certainly did that the first time I went (no GS), in preparation for a longer trip soon afterwards - was a very useful exercise....

It's probably the best place to find out you've forgotten something as it's all there anyway!

D
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

I get that. I also understand that for some it’s their first trip away on a motorcycle.
I didn’t mean just those on the way to an organised event. Over the years I’ve seen so many bikes loaded to the gunwales and I’m always amazed by it.
Of course, it could be me and the way I like to travel.

On our last big trip a rule was if it didn’t fit in the boxes, we didn’t need. For reference we were on two bikes, 4 panniers and 1 top box between them, with full camping gear including chairs. We were away for 17 months.
Mind you, the two shirts that I had were pretty tired by the end of it 😂😂

I wasn’t trying to take a pop at anyone.

Return to “THE PUB”