Sorted

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
adventure steele

Re: Wanted BMW R 1150 GS Adventure

Post by adventure steele »

Yep what Johnny and Chippy said :)

If the servos fail you loose the brakes, tbh though I've ridden gsx750et's etc an those have no abs an are heavy bikes. I'm probably not as abs fussy with riding lots of Nortons.

Do agree its nice to have providing the system works though

At the moment it's a weigh up between the 1150's or another Vstrom just on the way to view an 1150 at the mo.
adventure steele

Re: Wanted BMW R 1150 GS Adventure

All sorted got a Factory none abs in silver on an 04 plate :)
OnHellas

Re: Sorted

Post by OnHellas »

It’s not real without photos. We need to see it please. :ugeek:
adventure steele

All shall be revealed tomorrow :D
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

" I'm probably not as abs fussy with riding lots of Nortons."

Did you know the first production disc-brake Commando had ABS...of a primitive kind?

The prototype had a massive Lockheed AP Racing front disc...but Norton was concerned they would get sued if someone locked the front wheel and fell off, so they put that tiny little caliper on the front instead!

Years later, at Classic Bike, we got offered a ride on an early production version of the Rotary, but they let a guy from the Norton Owners Club ride it first and he locked the front wheel and fell off (being used to previous Norton brakes). So they held back on letting anyone outside the factory ride it.

But we got a ride on the Rotary in the end...a mate of mine got hold of a crashed police one, and built it into something that actually looked rather better than the factory civilian version. We told Norton we were riding that, and they let us have a go on theirs. But I still rode my mate's one, and it wasn't a bad bike.

didn't stop Norton going bust though...

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”