Trans Canadian Adventure Trail 2023

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
flipflopdog

Trans Canadian Adventure Trail 2023

Post by flipflopdog »

A very quick post here just to say that two Brits on two custom travel bikes are now on the road in Nova Scotia heading to start the full East to West TCAT from Signal Hill in St John's Newfoundland after some major delays/hassle retrieving our bikes back after they were delivered to Montreal instead of Halifax.
We intend to wild camp mostly so will update as and when allowed by signal/WiFi...
Please be aware, after a week on the road in NS we are blown away by what we have seen and the hospitality received. ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Flintlock

Re: Trans Canadian Adventure Trail 2023

Post by Flintlock »

Looking forward to following this trip!

Safe travels along the way
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I hope we gets lots of updates :D

Enjoy the ride
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

I've been following your adventure on Facebook whilst you waited for the bikes and it's going to be an amazing trip ...... judging by the events so far 8-) .
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
flipflopdog

Post by flipflopdog »

After three weeks of delays getting our bikes, making our way to the official starting point and some breakdowns and bike modifications we have finally set-off on our marathon TCAT adventure from St John's NL to Vancouver Island BC. First day riding the Rock T'railway saw us having 2/3 'offs' and destroying both stoves which we stowed in front panniers for quick roadside access...!! Note to self and lesson learned on day one ffs....!!!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Side bags are for soft landings!--In the first pic who is that with the 640A--reason I noticed is that it appears to have a set of my carbon/kevlar tank protectors fitted!!
flipflopdog

Post by flipflopdog »

catcitrus wrote:Side bags are for soft landings!--In the first pic who is that with the 640A--reason I noticed is that it appears to have a set of my carbon/kevlar tank protectors fitted!!
Well zoomed...!!! That is Skibum69 off advrider who hosted us for a few days. He's had that bike from new and will never sell it apparently.

flipflopdog

Post by flipflopdog »

We've had one nice day so far. The rest have been cold wet windy and miserable forcing us reluctantly to take refuge in motels and B&B's. Today we have a fuel critical run from Port Hope Simpson to Happy Valley Goose Bay in high winds, horizontal rain and sub zero windchill temps......Lovely...!!!! ImageImageImage

Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

flipflopdog wrote: ↑Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:56 am We've had one nice day so far. The rest have been cold wet windy and miserable in high winds, horizontal rain and sub zero windchill temps......Lovely...!!!!
Canada eh! It'll get better. 8-)
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

That's a long leg for bad weather for sure. I take Churchill Falls is the next leg? Just checking it out on a map and it really hammers home just how big Canada is!
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ

Return to β€œTRAVEL”