Ecky Thump Rally

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
nickoff

Re: Ecky Thump Rally

Post by nickoff »

I've not had a chat with any of the local bikers recently but I reckon there will be at least 4 of us getting to the rally again.
Hogfish T400

Post by Hogfish T400 »

Looking forward to this must do rally, always a good do, should have stopped raining by
the end of September if we are lucky. See you there Thursday Steve.

Nev & Lisa
blue bus

Post by blue bus »

hi ya dont know how im fixed do you have to book
Biquad

Post by Biquad »

blue bus wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:42 pm hi ya dont know how im fixed do you have to book
Hi blue bus, no you don't have to book, but it would be good to know if you are going to attend.

PS Just collected 80 stickers today, wouldn't it be good if all went! ;)
Biquad

Post by Biquad »

Hi all, with 3 weeks to go to the rally it really would be good to get an idea of numbers..
The caterer from last year is not available, but I have been able to get someone who comes highly recommended.

The meals will be available on the Friday and Saturday evenings, with breakfasts on the Saturday and Sunday mornings.
Evening meals at £10 and breakfasts at £8.

The last few years have been very well attended with an average of 40 persons coming.

I have never ticketed this event, which makes it difficult to arrange some of the expenses.
I will arrange wood for the firepit and builders tubs for rubbish.

We do get the HUB facility for free and camping is only £5 per person per night.

But I have just been contacted by the caterer and he has detailed the catering which is excellent..........but he wants anyone who has a dietary requirement to inform me and..............................

Quote " ..A ROUGH NUMBER OF MEALS REQUIRED WHICH I WILL INVOICE YOU A WEEK BEFORE THE EVENT. PAYMENT SHOULD BE MADE BY BACS BEFORE THE EVENT ON THE INVOICE AMOUNT"

Roughly calculating if we have 30 persons each evening and the same for the breakfast, 30 x £36 = £1080

I am prepared to stump up for this but I wanted the collective to be aware of this.

This thread has had some 2400 views but very little response. Im gonna have a lot of food to eat if hardly anyone turns up!

Steve Alias Mario
devon john

Post by devon john »

Me Tim and henry shipply john, Markoh ,,Tony ,, dave ,Nev & lesa
would have thought a fair number of Harley boys should be there
but i know a few of us will go out for breakfast
brianswm

Post by brianswm »

i will be there steve.
ill have the full meal package.

brian
nicknick

Post by nicknick »

I will be there , will sort my own food,
Biquad

Post by Biquad »

nicknick wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:58 pm I will be there , will sort my own food,
Nick, the caterer has asked me if there will be anyone wanting vegan / vegetarian food. I can arrange this if you wish.

Steve.
nicknick

Post by nicknick »

Steve Alias Mario, I think you need to be very careful what you commit to regarding catering, this is a casual event rider turn up if they have the time and the weather is ok, the €5 a night is good for charity is fine and catering should be at the risk of the vender not you, just my thoughts

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”