Ecky Thump Rally

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
garyboy

Re: Ecky Thump Rally

Post by garyboy »

Gary and egbo are coming ..just massaged me

enjoy :P
Biquad

Post by Biquad »

catcitrus wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:01 pm Fingers crossed that I can make it Neil--but it won't be the R1100RS as I have to wait a few days for parts. I might blag my son's old airhead. Anyway, I will have minimal kit so can I use the on site catering please Steve?
Hi Chris I have catering sorted for the Friday and Saturday evenings, plus the Saturday and Sunday mornings.

There is a kettle in the kitchen, plus I will have my camp stove etc just bring a mug. Plenty of cafs in the village

Be good to see you.

steve
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

great Steve, many thanks. Currently starting work on the R1100RS--but I'm also waiting for bits. Its a voyage of discovery!! I should be able to borrow a bike. I do have my wr250r, but its an opportunity to ride an old airhead. I've submitted an expenses claim for the recovery--we'll see what they say!!
lmac

Post by lmac »

Hello there Steve, Mac here from the Harley club. Mandi and meself will be coming for Friday and Saturday and bringing one more (Hodgie) with us.
We'll be up for an evening meal or two.
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

Eh-up Steve. I reckon there will be 4 of us turning up on Friday afternoon. If you could put me down for a meal on Friday tea time and Sunday breakfast (vegetarian) that would be good. Not sure about the other lads though I'll ask them today and get back to you.

Nick.
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

Just had a chat to the other 3 lads and all 4 of us will be wanting an evening meal on Friday and breakfast on Sunday if that's ok? I'm the only one whose vegetarian, actually pescetarian if there is any fish on the menu.
Cheers, Nick.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Grand weekend--thanks to Steve and some helpers who worked their socks off--I just chilled out and drank a bit. Lovely venue with great facilities--at a pittance of a price. One thing I noted is that the invitation to ABR didn't really gain much support (apart from the usual suspects) in contrast the Harley riders who turned up in force. That shows the way things are changing--obviously winter riding and camping doesn't appeal to a lot of ABR members--too adventurous and no hotels :lol:
devon john

Post by devon john »

catcitrus wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:06 pm That shows the way things are changing--obviously winter riding and camping doesn't appeal to a lot of ABR members--too adventurous and no hotels :lol:
you are right there Chris on the ABR summer event thousands turn up ,,, so i really cant understand why there is such a small response ,,
it seems to me they are much softer than the likes of you and me being old farts
dave h

Post by dave h »

grand weekend as usual , please keep up the good work steve,

thanks dave.
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

As usual it was a grand weekend. Me, Boydy, Muss and Mick all had a good time in a great location. Ok I was a bit off colour on Saturday, must have been something I ate. :D :D . Thanks for putting in the effort Steve and thanks to the local folk for their hospitality.

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”