Need a Zippo Lighter , or a Emergency Firelighting Kit

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
LargeWayRound

Need a Zippo Lighter , or a Emergency Firelighting Kit

Post by LargeWayRound »

Visit www.tradingshack.co.uk they are a advertiser here on this site and I noticed their spinning logo.

There are having a sale on all Zippo Lighters at the moment.
20 % Off (Enter ZIP20 on checkout)

My favorite lighter is the Zippo , had many knock offs but nothing can compare to the real thing.

Also discovered that they make a emergency fire lighting kit as well, (not a Lighter) but a useful piece of kit that could be stored under the seat or in your tank bag.
Ready for that campfire when your gas has run out , or your cheap disposable lighter has just broken. Perfect for those adventurers who maybe are traveling in more out of the way places.

Zippo Emergency Fire Starter

In the outdoors, getting a fire started quickly can be a matter of life and death. And with our Emergency Fire Starter Kit, starting a fire has never been easier. The reliable flint wheel ignition easily lights the water- resistant waxed tinder sticks. And with a water- resistant O-ring seal built into the case, the contents stay dry.

Kit Comprises of

Emergency Firestarter
Cedar Puck
Replacement Wicks

Colours may vary Orange, Green, Black

Oh, and I just noticed that if you order over £35 its free delivery as well ..

I am going to order some things today... hope the wife is not looking..... :whistle:
Jim Lovell

Re: Need a Zippo Lighter , or a Emergency Firelighting Kit

Post by Jim Lovell »

If you want to be sure of lighting a fire, use cotton wool with petroleum jelly rubbed into it. Even if the lighter is out of fuel the spark should be enough to light the cotton wool..;)
Real men ride twins ;-)
scouse

Post by scouse »

I don't want to know why you would have both petroleum jelly and cotton wool with you.... :whistle: :unsure: :ohmy:
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

scouse wrote:I don't want to know why you would have both petroleum jelly and cotton wool with you.... :whistle: :unsure: :ohmy:
Great when you wanna hot things up a little :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :kiss: :kiss: :whistle:
Real men ride twins ;-)
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Jim Lovell wrote:
scouse wrote:I don't want to know why you would have both petroleum jelly and cotton wool with you.... :whistle: :unsure: :ohmy:
Great when you wanna hot things up a little :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :kiss: :kiss: :whistle:
:laugh: :woohoo: To Much Information . :pinch:

I just love Gadgets .

Must buy more gadgets .:blink:

:woohoo:

Also handy when you are upside down in a ford (snigger) and everything gets wet.
And you need to light a fire to warm up and cook your sausages . :dry:

Dont know what the parish council will make of that , bivy up on the village green trying to make a fire out of the maypole . :blush:

But handy for further adventures .. :)

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”