First aid biker course..

Have some feedback and input to share? Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make this site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
Selous

First aid biker coarse..

Post by Selous »

A mate of mine owns his own first aid training course thing?
I could have a word btw he is a motorcyclist as well, he was a REMF (Med Corps) in the Army.

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
James691

Re: First aid biker coarse..

Post by James691 »

Great stuff - always handy to have.

I'm still looking at putting on a winter meet/rally for the ABR Christmas - I'll make a few calls and see what prices are. Once I have the information to get a thread together for a first aid event at a camp out I'll post it up.

Damn good idea :)
Dancing in the moonlight
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

knobblywobbly wrote:For us lot in the South/South West maybe this could be an option:

http://www.swast.nhs.uk/services/commtraining.htm#icare

If anyone down here is interested I don´t mind giving them a call to find out what´s what.
I'm in the Midlnds but would come down for this cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Orlando_Orange

Post by Orlando_Orange »

i'd be up for this in the south.... maybe a days first aid course followed by a day putting it into practice on the trails... :dry: that should make the travel and camping more worthwhile....
Chris

G650 X-Challenge

'91 XTZ750
knobblywobbly

Post by knobblywobbly »

knobblywobbly wrote:For us lot in the South/South West maybe this could be an option:

If anyone down here is interested I don´t mind giving them a call to find out what´s what.
Well as a couple of people have expressed an interest I gave them a call.

SouthWest Ambulance Service would be happy to run their I.C.A.R.E for us as a group. This is a one day course, starting at 9:30am and finishing at 4:30pm.

They have a training facility at Saint Leonards, near Ringwood which could be used and I think this would be better/more accessible for people rather than going to Dorchester. I'm sure there's plenty of places to camp around the New Forest if you wish to.

To run a course specifically for us they need a minimum of 6 participants and a maximum of 12. They would need a minimum of 3 weeks notice to make the arrangements.

Cost of the course is only £35 per person (I was expecting much more than that).

So...... anyone interested in doing this course on a Saturday, either 1st or 8th of October? Any Saturday is fine with me.
scouse

Post by scouse »

Who did this at HU at Ripley? They would be a good choice.
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

knobblywobbly wrote:

Well as a couple of people have expressed an interest I gave them a call.

SouthWest Ambulance Service would be happy to run their I.C.A.R.E for us as a group. This is a one day course, starting at 9:30am and finishing at 4:30pm.

They have a training facility at Saint Leonards, near Ringwood which could be used and I think this would be better/more accessible for people rather than going to Dorchester. I'm sure there's plenty of places to camp around the New Forest if you wish to.

To run a course specifically for us they need a minimum of 6 participants and a maximum of 12. They would need a minimum of 3 weeks notice to make the arrangements.

Cost of the course is only £35 per person (I was expecting much more than that).

So...... anyone interested in doing this course on a Saturday, either 1st or 8th of October? Any Saturday is fine with me.
I would love to do this but unfortunately those two weeks SWMBO is doing her own course's but I am looking at re-organising my life cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Tramp

Re: First aid biker course..

Post by Tramp »

Hi all...

well that seems like another good idea.. :kiss: :kiss:

My thoughts were that people in different parts of the country that have done a biker coarse before posted up ..and that`s whats happened..cool eh :whistle: .

Knobblywobbly- great find and local too but I`m busy both those dates..maybe something further ahead when a few of the southern people have shown interest..I`m up for the coarse and good price too..

so come on people post up details of coarses in your areas then we can all sort something out for the benefit of bikers.
Paul

Post by Paul »

James691 wrote:Great stuff - always handy to have.

I'm still looking at putting on a winter meet/rally for the ABR Christmas - I'll make a few calls and see what prices are. Once I have the information to get a thread together for a first aid event at a camp out I'll post it up.

Your always welcome at Takoda James, if you are brave or foolish enough, I will put the heating on, maybe we could get Jessie to cook up a Christmas dinner!
I will leave you with the thought that "we had 18" of snow and it was -16 last christmas"
James691

Post by James691 »

Paul wrote:
James691 wrote:Great stuff - always handy to have.

Your always welcome at Takoda James, if you are brave or foolish enough, I will put the heating on, maybe we could get Jessie to cook up a Christmas dinner!
I will leave you with the thought that "we had 18" of snow and it was -16 last christmas"
Oh I like that idea mate - pm me your number please> I think a camp fire pit would be a must for a winterfest meet dude.
Dancing in the moonlight

Return to “SUGGESTION BOX”