Marketing pap that makes you want to throw up

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
MidnightSerenity

Re:Marketing pap that makes you want to throw up

Post by MidnightSerenity »

Mark1961 wrote:
Look at Barbie now.............:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Aged 50 something?????
Oh that made me laugh!! I've sent that to my girlfriends!! Thanks for that Mark!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

And I liked the Timotei Ad as well!! :silly:
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Warthog wrote:

The men are portrayed as helpless imbeciles, essentially adding to the juvenile quotient of the household.
Meanwhile the women are basically being told "here's your chance to finally match up to men by being a whizz at home: something you can be good at!!"

How condescending is that?!
Way to reinforce stereotypes, Lev*r bros.....!
A good point.
There are so many ads currently making men look fools and women super intelligent.

The camera one where the bridge crumples and contracts because "he" did'nt buy "her" wide angle camera.

I could go on, but you get the point. :angry:
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
appleby

Post by appleby »

900Fantrider wrote:
Another blatantly annoying one is the Cheryl Cole "we're worth it" ad, considering it was hair extensions and not her hair!

It may be hair extensions but thats her real ass poking up at the begining and that evokes all sorts of thoughts!

Although I did say to her "you need to eat a few more pies to really interest me"

Nice looking little thing our Cheryl!
But does she really need the barbed wire around the thigh??????

Anyway, back to marketing! I avoid anything that uses the words "systems" or "solutions"
davsato

Post by davsato »

madmax wrote:
........... Are women really that stupid?.............
yes, im afraid they are.

if they believe they must have this or that cosmetic made of minced whale foetus and powdered diamonds, because some ancient hasbeen off the telly says they should, and down the bottom it says "67% of 30 women agree"

these girls must be getting desperate for some pennies, i saw jacqeline bisset in one the other day. which reminds me, back on thread, barbera bloody windsor doing bingo ads, complete with old lady bingo wings and that bloody laugh she thinks we all love
Dave
karnevil

Post by karnevil »

Errrr.....................

How about the unstoppable GS.....................?
karnevil

Post by karnevil »

Alun wrote:
I get loads of emails from PR companies spinning the latest pap and if there's one thing that currently makes me want to throw the laptop out the window its reading the words 'boutique hotel'.

I'd rather overnight naked in a Turkish Prison than admit I've had a weekend in something called a 'boutique hotel'.

Funny how a couple of words can hit that spot, eh. What terms rile you, or do I just need anger management?
There have been some of these on that Hotel Inspector programme.

WTF.
A few years ago I was a witness in a medical negligence trial and I was put up in a Hotel in London £200 a night! And at the evening meal they would not even upply a Jug of water!
I asked for a cheaper place but they would not play ball,daft part was they gave travel money with restrictions on when you could travel and wasted money while you were asleep!!!!
My Parents had a hotel in Scarborough I know what they used to charge for BB &evening meal with a light supper and early morning tea if required and I have to say when these chinless wonders walk round these overtarted ponced up rooms I just wanna puke with their "Oh I would pay £70,80,100,125 per night for this room F@@K me they have no idea at all.
TBH If I go any place and have to pay more than £30 B&B I feel robbed I really do.
When In europe travelling I have always been happy with the Accor group and after a long day and when expecting an early start F1's do me fine.

If someone comes to me bragging "I paid £175 a night" I do not think my hero I think MUG total Tossing ARSEHOLE MUG.
Warthog

Post by Warthog »

karnevil wrote:
Errrr.....................

How about the unstoppable GS.....................?
Funnily enough, in my personal experience (until a Fiesta, the A4 and a crash barrier all joined forces), that was spot on!!

Perhaps marketing isn't a load of bull after all....
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

Have you been hiding in the bushes at the side of our pool to take pics??
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
MidnightSerenity

Post by MidnightSerenity »

900Fantrider wrote:

Have you been hiding in the bushes at the side of our pool to take pics??
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
morpheus

Post by morpheus »

Thank you, thank you, I've just read through this thread and picked myself up off the floor I just wanted to say how much this has made me laugh, especially Barbie - going to have to pass that picture round!

Great to see so many other people who are grated by the same stuff as me!

Morpheus

Return to “THE PUB”