Popped my cherry

Post up pics of you and your bike. A place for members to get all arty farty, creative and, er, post up snaps.
Vindaloo

Popped my cherry

Post by Vindaloo »

Had my eye on a steep lane we used to take our Land Rovers up and down (in low 1st) for a while now and finally decided to go for it on Sunday. Result - dropped the KTM for the 1st time :laugh:. After picking it up for the 3rd time I decided that discretion is the better part of valor and headed back down the hill after a fairly interesting time getting the bike turned around.

Trust me, it's steeper than it looks in the photos. Anyway, no harm done and all good fun, if a bit tiring.

bunker

Re: Popped my cherry

Post by bunker »

At least you gave it a go :cheer: have a wee greenie while you recover from your exertions! :laugh: :laugh:
Triumph Tiger 885
Vindaloo

Post by Vindaloo »

Cheers Bunker. Lifting the bike was easier than getting that second photo to show up properly rotated on the website! :silly: :laugh:
Vindaloo

Post by Vindaloo »

First day out for the new Rugged Roads sump guard too! Not bad timing :cheer:

Multirider

Post by Multirider »

Where is that? It looks like a load of fun - a great place to take the newly deflowered from the Peak District.
The only thing the blues is afraid of is the pipes........

BMW G650GS

Suzuki DRZ400E

Jeep Cherokee 3.7 petrol

Mercedes CLK 320 Cabriolet - It's Summer!
Vindaloo

Post by Vindaloo »

Multirider wrote:Where is that? It looks like a load of fun - a great place to take the newly deflowered from the Peak District.
Near Carrickfergus ... maybe not too handy for you?! Much better trails to be found in Donegal if you know where you're going (I don't and this one is very close to the Antrim coast ride where I was on Sunday).
Multirider

Post by Multirider »

Perhaps an ABR outing then!
The only thing the blues is afraid of is the pipes........

BMW G650GS

Suzuki DRZ400E

Jeep Cherokee 3.7 petrol

Mercedes CLK 320 Cabriolet - It's Summer!
ssajlane

Post by ssajlane »

Next time keep it in 2nd with loads of revs!! Not saying it will make a difference but the crash will be spectacular!!:laugh:
Vindaloo

Post by Vindaloo »

ssajlane wrote:Next time keep it in 2nd with loads of revs!! Not saying it will make a difference but the crash will be spectacular!!:laugh:
You're right. I'm still learning the basics off road and don't pretend to have much experience. I knew it just needed some gas - a decent rider would have been up it no bother. The problem was the loose little rocks dancing the front all over the place. I went too slow to make the hill and lost all momentum once the rear traction started to go. Once stopped it was a case of two feet forward searching for grip and then 1 foot sliding back with both brakes locked.

In the end I was happy to get turned around and facing downhill. Checked the ABS was off and rode down no bother.
Vindaloo

Post by Vindaloo »

Multirider wrote:Perhaps an ABR outing then!
There are some guys on the KTM UK forum trying to arrange such an outing at the moment - a weekend in Donegal with some offroad trails. Some good pictures of previous trips on there. Not far from me so I must get my finger out and join them.

Also some organised trips being run in Fermanagh and Donegal 'Trail Bike Ireland' that weave across the border and take in fire roads, boreens and trails. Definitely going to sign up for that and get some 'proper' use from the bike.

No actual green lanes here like you have in GB.

Return to “WE LOVE PICS”