Gear for Ullapool

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
lancashirelad

Gear for Ullapool

Post by lancashirelad »

Now I've commited myself to the Ullapool weekend I've started buying camping gear not wanting to spend a fortune at the moment incase I don't take to it I've bought this from Blacks £25.99 down from £64.99.

http://www.blacks.co.uk/camping/tents/1 ... LUE-0.html
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
BABY V

Re: Gear for Ullapool

Post by BABY V »

Try and get yourself some sort of roll/camping mat as they make all the difference to a comfy nights sleep, it should be a good weekend. Just keep that for a few trips and if you like it then upgrade to a better tent.

Cheers Paul
Selous

Post by Selous »

BABY V wrote:Try and get yourself some sort of roll/camping mat as they make all the difference to a comfy nights sleep, it should be a good weekend. Just keep that for a few trips and if you like it then upgrade to a better tent.

Cheers Paul
Tesco have a air valve roll mat £10.00 & folds up small, (after folding it in half), it will do enough to keep you off the ground & under your fart sack, you loose quite a bit of body heat from the ground.

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

lancashirelad wrote:Now I've commited myself to the Ullapool weekend I've started buying camping gear not wanting to spend a fortune at the moment incase I don't take to it I've bought this from Blacks £25.99 down from £64.99.

http://www.blacks.co.uk/camping/tents/1 ... LUE-0.html
Look at go outdoors stores as they are having a sell off, decent sleeping bag and kip mat will see you right. Try and get stuff on loan if you can first.

I may have a spare kip mat contact me closer to the date to jog my memory cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

Lomo waterproof bag as a burfday pressie tomorrow need a sleeping bag now I've looked at the Gelert Pod & Vango Wilderness or Galaxy as being bigger than the average bear I need an xxl one the Pod pack size is a bit big at 480 x 260 though?
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

If you dont want to spend lots at the moment, have a look at the good old Army and Navy stores. Dont forget to get a liner as it is far easier to clean that than wash a bag. cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Selous

Post by Selous »

Redmurty wrote:If you dont want to spend lots at the moment, have a look at the good old Army and Navy stores. Dont forget to get a liner as it is far easier to clean that than wash a bag. cheers Spud ;)
Yep I agree with that, more so if your not too sure on the camping lark.

Re the liner get a silk 1 as it is known to wick away moisture & keeps you warmer, the silk liner wraps up really really tiny as well.
I'm thinking of putting a lightweight zip in the liner as I find I get very hot, (I have a 2 season down fart sack), and have to open the zip on my fart sack.

I also sleep on a Exped7 Down Mat, sleeping on the ground will mean you will body heat by up to 45% apparently

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
moto al

Post by moto al »

eve , bud, a large dram + skin so soft by avon for the midges? he he .al
moto al
BIG BILL

Post by BIG BILL »

I have a Vango XXL sleeping bag ( can't remember name but will hunt it out )
cost me about £40 and is warm all weathers, it is large so I bought a waterproof 60ltr compresion bag from Aldi cost about £12 and stap it to my top box.

It suits me fine never cold.
Alot of top manufactures do XXL bags try a search.

BIG BILL
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the Bl**dy thing ( Barry Sheene )
Your along time dead..

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”