2008 BMW G450X

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
g00ner

2008 BMW G450X

Post by g00ner »

2008 BMW G450X
For sale is my trail bike
2844 miles
103.2 hours
I have owned the bike since August 2015. I am the second owner.
The bike was first registered 19/09/2008 - purchased from Alan Jeffries' dealership

The bike is standard with the following additions:

Safari Long Range Fuel Tank (Operates in addition to the standard tank) giving a fuel capacity of 20 litres
G-IT Heavy Duty sump guard
Acerbis Rally Brush Guards
Heated Grips
Touratech adjustable Bar Risers
Bar mounted power map switch
BMW Motorrad tail pack

Original Service Book / Riders Manual
2 steering lock Keys
V5 in my name.
Service book with initial services stamped

18/09/2008: PDI
After 2 hours: Running In Check
After 12 Hours: Service

Previous owner home serviced from then on to now.

Newish Metzeler Unicross Tyres with HD tubes
New battery
Recent rear wheel bearings
New Chain
New Front & rear sprockets
New front brake pads.
Oil changes using Putoline 10W/40 synthetic off road oil together with HiFlo premium oil filter. (Bike will come with spare filter and 1l oil)

MOT due November 2017

As stated, bike is used as a trail bike with a long range. Approximately forty hours use in my ownership has been on Pyrenean Trails in Spain, low stress long days. Also used for a few long days on Salisbury Plain, again, steady pace. I have geared it to reduce the 'hit' when on the throttle and it has mostly been ridden in 'low power' mode. ( I understand a race pipe is needed to feel the full effects of 'high power mode').

The bike has been faultless until a fortnight back when it wouldn't start. Spark was good, air filter clean, fuel supply good. Bike had a strip down, all checked including with a G911 code reader with no issues found. Put her back together and she starts fine :nenau. Also, there is no side stand, the original snapped (again) so I have been utilising handy trees. The original side stand mount is present if a stronger side stand can be modded to fit

Have to admit now I have neither the fitness nor skill to do this bike justice so I'm looking to change to one with a comfier seat.

Bike will come with:

Original body panels if Safari Tank not used
Spare Fork guards
Spare bar riser plates
Spare new rear light
Original sump guard
Service manual on disc

Bike is located in Kent close to J's 7&8 M20

Price is £3200

PM me with any questions but please post on this thread too as `I don't seem to get notifications of a PM

Simon_100

Re: 2008 BMW G450X

Post by Simon_100 »

That bike certainly did sterling service for you at the HISS Mike - good luck with the sale! (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
g00ner

Post by g00ner »

Cheers Simon (thumbs)

The next bike will be Spain suitable still
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

g00ner wrote:Cheers Simon (thumbs)

The next bike will be Spain suitable still
Hey, "Spain suitable" - there's a topic in there somewhere! (thumbs)

Regs

Simon

PS you've also just reminded me a great little 'freebie' I had twenty some years ago while I was part of a project studying 'clinical terms' i.e. the language used by doctors, with view to collect data automatically from computerised medical records - and a more complete waste of public money would be hard to imagine ...

One item that caused us some concern was the acronym NFG that kept cropping up at what seemed to be a 'hot spot'. We didn't know where in the country the data was coming from, part of the methodology of course. But we concerned about malpractice so asked for it to be investigated - it turned out to mean 'Normal for Gateshead' (thumbs)
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

mint
Dave DRZ

Post by Dave DRZ »

If I had the space (and the cash) I'd be very tempted...

How does it compare to your old X Challenge?

Dave
Far Off Places; a motorcycle adventure from Manchester to Manali www.faroffplaces.net
g00ner

Post by g00ner »

It's a lot more lively than the 650, even after I've geared her longer. The engine is the same as in the CCM GP450, lots of grunt like the 650 but as the revs rise everything gets a little frenetic :woohoo:

Handling wise, whereas the 650 has the kicked out forks giving stability, the 450 steers much more quickly - a lot more responsive. Ride is better with the Ohlins but there's much more adjustment front and rear which I don't really make use of
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Hi Gooner, met you at hiss,had ride with you guys on last, on my g450. Your bike still looks mint, credit to you and good luck with sale. If you want to sell the tank separately, give us a shout please. All best steve
g00ner

Post by g00ner »

Cheers Steve (thumbs)

Only time I've seen 3 G450X's in one place - outnumbered the KTM's for a change :laugh: If a buyer doesn't want the tank I'll give you a shout (thumbs)
Dark

Post by Dark »

Hello, very interested, but other side of the country, will PM you

PM sent with contact details

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”