Any way to stop all these emails?

Help, rules, advice and announcements.
-Ralph-

Any way to stop all these emails?

Post by -Ralph- »

Is there any setting on the forum where you can automatically stop it from sending you an email every time a thread is updated?

They come from Alun's email address so I don't want to block the sender in my email program, or I wouldn't get genuine emails from Alun, for instance emails about delivery of the magazine.

Thanks
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
LargeWayRound

Re: Any way to stop all these emails?

Post by LargeWayRound »

When replying to a thread , untick the subscribe box

or use the quick reply option .

To view your subscribed threads (to un-subscribe etc) click the profile tab
then subscription tab (this will open up all your subscribed threads)
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

OK, thanks, no universal 'don't send me emails' setting in the profile then? I've set 'Able to receive system emails' and 'Able to receive application notifications' in my profile to 'No', but it doesn't seem to have had any effect on the thread update emails.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
gebrauchtwagen83

Post by gebrauchtwagen83 »

i know what you mean, im only just getting into the habit of unticking the box, wonder if it would be possible to tick it instead to subscribe to a thread
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

I was going to ask the same question yesterday after my inbox was rammed. I sussed that you need to uncheck the subscribe button. Pretty rubbish idea if you ask me, I think you should subscribe in to something not have to click a box everytime you post.
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Army - Bedford MJ Radar Repair Workshop
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Other forums I am on automatically subscribe you, but they let you choose in your profile settings whether or not to receive an email notification.
Joe Bar

Post by Joe Bar »

I think the main problem is that this forum appears to send you an email each time some one replies. Whereas most other forums, just send you one notification after the first reply and doesn't send subsequent ones if others reply before you re-visit the forum. I can't see how to reset the preferences to only receive notification on the first reply to a thread.
Mark1961

Post by Mark1961 »

When you write your reply take the tick out of the SUBSCRIBE box (See Pic 1)
Email 1.JPG
Email 1.JPG (52.31 KiB) Viewed 1688 times
If you have already replied to a message. Find the thread then hit the UNSUBSCRIBE Button. (See Pic 2)

Email 2.JPG
Email 2.JPG (58.27 KiB) Viewed 1688 times
This will stop the emails.......
Adventure motorcycling is a challenge for those who go but only a dream for those who stay behind.

growing old is compulsory growing up is optional!
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Mark1961 wrote:When you write your reply take the tick out of the SUBSCRIBE box (See Pic 1)
Email 1.JPG
If you have already replied to a message. Find the thread then hit the UNSUBSCRIBE Button. (See Pic 2)

Email 2.JPG
This will stop the emails.......
Very clearly explained Mark. Not rocket science is it?
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Joe Bar

Post by Joe Bar »

Treadtrader wrote:Very clearly explained Mark. Not rocket science is it?
It's very simple and clear how to susbcribe and un-subscribe from a thread, it's how to stop receiving multiple emails about the same thread that's the real problem.

I'd like to know when a thread I'm subscribed to has a reply, but I do not need one email for each person that replies. That just clogs the in-box and is un-necessary.

Return to “WEBSITE AND FORUM STUFF”