Clothes Packing bags

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
springbok160

Clothes Packing bags

Post by springbok160 »

I have always adherred to the unwritten rule of; select all the kit you think you'll need, then half it. This has worked for me ever since Scout camp and is just as relevant for ABRs. However in those days we didnt have vac-bags, and I hadn't ever considered them until I saw one laying about in the spare bedroom. Now i quite like my clothes neat so always try to pack them so I dont look too much like a scumball when ditching the leathers. These vac-bags tick all those boxes and more.
They're totally waterproof, they pack down as thin as you can make them,they keep your kit nicely pressed and are simple to use. in addition because they pack so small, you can take more. But you know what happens, you still cant get your head round having spare shirts and jeans and you dont wear half of it !!
PACK-MATE OUTDOOR ROLL BAGS, medium one takes tee shirts and trousers easily. They go for a couple of quid on e'blag, and dont require a hoover to compress them.
Hope I'm not preaching to the converted, but I am now converted.
ps They're not a substitute for panniers etc.........
Cheers
Selous

Re: Clothes Packing bags

Post by Selous »

springbok160 wrote:I have always adherred to the unwritten rule of; select all the kit you think you'll need, then half it. This has worked for me ever since Scout camp and is just as relevant for ABRs. However in those days we didnt have vac-bags, and I hadn't ever considered them until I saw one laying about in the spare bedroom. Now i quite like my clothes neat so always try to pack them so I dont look too much like a scumball when ditching the leathers. These vac-bags tick all those boxes and more.
They're totally waterproof, they pack down as thin as you can make them,they keep your kit nicely pressed and are simple to use. in addition because they pack so small, you can take more. But you know what happens, you still cant get your head round having spare shirts and jeans and you dont wear half of it !!
PACK-MATE OUTDOOR ROLL BAGS, medium one takes tee shirts and trousers easily. They go for a couple of quid on e'blag, and dont require a hoover to compress them.
Hope I'm not preaching to the converted, but I am now converted.
ps They're not a substitute for panniers etc.........Cheers
mm i have seen them, just wonder if worth puting them in to the exped dry bag, after using the bags BTW QD (Quality Dump) Shop sells them.

Of course the down side is the more you cram in will not lighten the Waite

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
dazedproductions

Re: Clothes Packing bags

Post by dazedproductions »

I have just been using helmet bags for packing clothes, you wouldn't believe how many of the damned things I have!

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”