BMW Motorbike Exporter from UK

The Things We Ride
ramesh

BMW Motorbike Exporter from UK

Post by ramesh »

Dear All,

I am from India, I am looking importing brand new BMW F800GS with ABS and all factory options. Please let me know, if any of the UK BMW dealer is interested. I cannot import Used motorbike into India due to many documentation issues. I can only import motorbikes more than 800cc without Homogolations . The customs duty in India for imported Car/Motorbike is 134% of CIF value

Thank you
Alun

Re:BMW Motorbike Exporter from UK

Post by Alun »

Hi Ramesh and welcome to the site. Let's hope a BMW dealer visits and can answer the question.

If not, send me a brown paper bag stuffed with used notes and I'll, er, have a nice holiday.

What do you ride now? And how did you find the ABR site?
ramesh

Post by ramesh »

Hi Alan,

I ride Enfield Bullet 350cc in India. ABR site was known through Google search. I have been looking for reviews and experience with adventure bike from BMW,KTM and Triumph Tiger 800(new)
dusi

Post by dusi »

Hi and welcome Ramesh, I ride amongst other things a Indian '02' Royal Enfield '65' and I love it :) ! Err have you tried a BMW Dealer (?) Google again, are you extremely wealthy? If not you'll have to stick a BMW badge on the Enfield instead , or persuade and Indian company that the home market is crying out for an Adventure type bike, good luck, regards Dus
ramesh

Post by ramesh »

Hi Dusi,

Thanks for the info. Enfield is good bike too. I am in contact with some German BMW dealers, willing to export and got some response. But the problem is that VAT REFUND for export. This is not clear. So I am trying to find anyone in Europe. I cannot import bike from any where ( US or Asia) other than Europe. Non Homologations bike import, only Europe COC documents is accepted and Emission Norms should meet Euro III Standard. Even if it is Japanese Bike, I should import from Europe, some crazy restrictions.

KTM has stake holder in India called Bajaj Auto , Second largest two wheeler manufacturer in India. They have planned to produce 2012 or 2013 KTM bikes less than 250cc.

Ducati has dealer in India they import and resale above 800cc bikes. The Price of Ducati Multistrada is approximately 30000 - 40000 Euros Onroad depending on the model.
dusi

Post by dusi »

That's an awful lot of money Ramesh :ohmy: , you really don't need such a large bike in India, unless the roads have dramatically improved, my TT600 Yamaha dirt bike would be great out there, 60+mpg, 24ltr tank, Ohlin's suspension, road legal off road tyres, it would just need some very loud air horns fitted :laugh: ! Kind regards Dus
ramesh

Post by ramesh »

I agree with you, unfortunately due to lobby of local motorbike/car manufacturers. Imported bike/car are restricted in India. I was inclined to purchase Yahama XT 660 Z Tenere, but this bike is under 800cc catagory, so it has to be homogolated. The cost of homogolation is very high for one bike, so it is not worth to import less than 800cc bike and go for homogolation.

Only 100% imported motorbike available in India is Kawasaki Ninja 250cc sold by Bajaj auto.

I have done few trips in Demountable camper on 4x4 pickup truck ,Subaru Forester and Enfield motorbike from Bangalore to Leh( Kashmir) which is 8000kms (to and fro). Manali to Leh road is opened only for 4 months a year. Great adventure road at the altitude of more than 11000 feet and reach 18000 feet in Khardungla pass. I wanted to try with adventure bike next year in this route. If everything goes well with my import of BMW. I can even wait to for Triumph Adventure 800cc, if this can give me real cost advantage F800GS
dusi

Post by dusi »

Wow Ramesh, road sounds awesome, good luk with importing, keep us all informed how you get on, you got any pic's of the ride? Especially the high passes, sure people on here would like to see them, all the best Dus
ramesh

Post by ramesh »

Hi Dusi,

I will post it soon these pictures of the drive from Manali to Leh and Leh to Srinagar. Actually in my guess atleast few thousand foreign tourist come to leh and many rent Enfield bike and drive this terrain every year. Manali to Leh is approximately 400kms, by CAR/bike it take 2 or 3 days reach. Truck Camper it took four days for to reach. This road is opened only from 2nd week of May till 1st week of October. Rest of the year road is closed after Rothang pass due heavy snow fall temperature reaching below zero.

Finally one the BMW dealer in UK responded. Please let me, do this dealer offer any discount or always the list price as in BMW website.

Thank you
dusi

Post by dusi »

Re the 'road' think a friend of mine did the tour one year, it is advertised over here, who was the BMW dealer? Unusual for them to discount, although they/BMW do do special deals, like free panniers n extras in the price sometimes, let me know who they are Ramesh, happy to help if i can, Dus

Return to “BIKES”