Summer mayhem ride?

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Tramp

Summer mayhem ride?

Post by Tramp »

Well this is a adventure forum... :whistle: so why not have a abr crazy weekend dash across the channel to gay Paris on a totally unsuitable bike....when i was 16 (thumbs) i rode a mt50 from preston to paris and back because i knew no different ...

Ideas folks ....buy a cheap totally crazy bike,scooter and dress stupidly and have a real mini adventure...
Tramp

Re: Summer mayhem ride?

Post by Tramp »

No i havent banged my head...lets do it for charity dress as drag queens tunnel across to le touquet paris plage...and back ...set off from Ace cafe london invite press ...sure to be a hit ...crazy lazy days of summer...set a max spend on transport and engine size....kinda like them crazy men in their flying machines...

Okay maybe not the drag queen bit ...more old age oap,s...
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Could be a real giggle :woohoo:
just been looking on Ebay for potential bikes if you keep it at a sub £500 we are going to need some one to come behind in a truck to pick up all the pieces :whistle:
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Tramp wrote:No i havent banged my head...lets do it for charity dress as drag queens tunnel across to le touquet paris plage...and back ...set off from Ace cafe london invite press ...sure to be a hit ...crazy lazy days of summer...set a max spend on transport and engine size....kinda like them crazy men in their flying machines...

Okay maybe not the drag queen bit ...more old age oap,s...
I'll just come as I am then :laugh:
Sanqhar

Post by Sanqhar »

Paris? You'll need your emissions sticker.
Some older vehicles are just banned including motorbikes registered befor June 2000

Tom
... and today was a good day in the life of...
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Tramp wrote:Well this is a adventure forum... :whistle: so why not have a abr crazy weekend dash across the channel to gay Paris on a totally unsuitable bike....when i was 16 (thumbs) i rode a mt50 from preston to paris and back because i knew no different ...

Ideas folks ....buy a cheap totally crazy bike,scooter and dress stupidly and have a real mini adventure...
Sounds like a brilliantly silly idea to me :laugh:
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Sanqhar wrote:Paris? You'll need your emissions sticker.
Some older vehicles are just banned including motorbikes registered befor June 2000

Tom
Thats why i suggested le touquet Paris plage...full of parisians by the sea down the coast from calais by the scenic cap blanc nez road etc...

Folks spend enough time and money on bling so a chance to kick back on a anythi goes laugh ride out...emphasis on laughs...the crazier the better...thats how the original gumball etc runs started....riding to Brighton aint much of a adventure now is it :woohoo: ...

Depart friday lunch from ace cafe , tunnel across then digs friday night in france then sat run to the enduro dome at la touquet down the coast to somewhere local st valery sur somme?...then sunday back to calais and tunnel home.?..

Any suggestions welcome...dont matter if its a monkey bike a dirt bike or chopper complete with handle bar razzles...folks choice but muzt be zany and shout mad buggers aka st trinians say out....
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Ive just looked on gumtree and loads of chinese choppers for crazy money...like 500 quid... (thumbs) ...or a souped up scooter 100cc 2 stroke for 600 quids....a old helmet sprayed pink :kiss: and a wig thats me sorted..a few stickers ...you know we like them (thumbs) ...

Call it the banana splits alternate day out...hell even come on a quad bike...back roads so max speed 50mph...even a honda cub ....hell if its 2 wheels and a engine and has a tax clasx of bycle its fine...stop where you want even wildcamp in the duneez coz we can in france...july or august or early september after the kids go back and the big kids come out to play :silly:
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Tramp wrote:
Sanqhar wrote:Paris? You'll need your emissions sticker.

Tom
Thats why i suggested le touquet Paris plage...full of parisians by the sea down the coast from calais by the scenic cap blanc nez road etc...

Folks spend enough time and money on bling so a chance to kick back on a anythi goes laugh ride out...emphasis on laughs...the crazier the better...thats how the original gumball etc runs started....riding to Brighton aint much of a adventure now is it :woohoo: ...

Depart friday lunch from ace cafe , tunnel across then digs friday night in france then sat run to the enduro dome at la touquet down the coast to somewhere local st valery sur somme?...then sunday back to calais and tunnel home.?..

Any suggestions welcome...dont matter if its a monkey bike a dirt bike or chopper complete with handle bar razzles...folks choice but muzt be zany and shout mad buggers aka st trinians say out....
My choice would be cheap dodgy Chinese pit bike, although I'm normally tempted to buy one just to turn up to an abr rally on :laugh:

Something like this but dodger :laugh:

http://www.usedwolverhampton.co.uk/clas ... 20933.lite
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Thats the spirit....125cc bikes are always easy to sell on even cheap chinese stuff...or scooters come to that...

Thanks to whoever stickyed the thread...

The idea is a crazy weekend away on back roads taking in a few sites and generally havein a laugh of the not to serious nature...

Im.sure if folks wanted to van stuff down to london a secure parking area could be found.somewhere as lots of Toffs on err me lord...lol

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”