Andrew Dalton Motorcycle Solicitors

Had a GREAT service or buying experience with a vendor then post it up here.
PaulinBont

Andrew Dalton Motorcycle Solicitors

Post by PaulinBont »

I was knocked off my bike in France by a blind Frenchman in his campervan (no witnesses, his word against mine). I informed Bennetts that I had been involved in an accident. Carried out running repairs to the bike, my kit and me. Before I got home I started getting texts from various claims monkeys: " We understand you have been involved in an accident, did you know you may be entitled to compensation....." (Thank you for selling my details Bennetts!).

Silly me hadn't taken out 'Legal Expenses Cover' with my Bennetts Insurance Policy :(

Having read rave reviews about Andrew Dalton I got in touch with him and we agreed on a 'No Win-No Fee' arrangement. Initially the Frenchman said it was my fault and he denied liability, in fact his insurers initially blamed me for the accident.....!

Andrew is also an expert on French motoring law and waded into them with gloves on ( He does train youths in a boxing club after all) and by the time he finished with them they had admitted liability and paid up , a nice cheque landing on my doormat (thumbs)

They obviously didn't fancy facing him in Court!

Amazing result from Andrew and his team at White Dalton, keeping me regularly informed of progress all the time with regular updates, made sure I did what I needed to do within timescales and made sure I didn't do anything to jeopardise my case.

Highly recommended indeed !
Heff

Re: Andrew Dalton Motorcycle Solicitors

Post by Heff »

Always good to hear a positive outcome from incidents in another jurisdiction.

Result (thumbs)
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

That's a good result and worth remembering in case something similar happens to any of us in the future.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

His regular articles in any of the bike magazines I usually read are one of the first things I go to.He certainly seems to know his onions(pun intended ;) ) A real world biker too not just quoting from books. (thumbs)
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

Can you give us an idea what his fees were. Did he wipe out your claim with his fee or did he claim from the other party ?
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Nice one, I see some nice new bits for that CCM on the horizon.
one-legged adventurer
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Old Git Ray wrote:Can you give us an idea what his fees were. Did he wipe out your claim with his fee or did he claim from the other party ?
Under a 'No win-no fee' arrangement you forfeit 25% of your compensation. As I stupidly didn't tick the 'Legal Expenses ' option when I renewed my policy I'm happy with this outcome, 75% of something is better than 100% of nothing :)
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

I might be wrong but I think if you take out legal expense cover with your insurer you're then lumbered with whoever they nominate,probably chosen on cost and not necessarily on experience in bike claims,or French law in your case.So you might not have won your case anyway.
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

That was the first question that Andrew asked me, whether I had Legal Expenses cover as under EU law, it's your product you've purchased and it's yours to spend however you decide. Obviously then you get to keep every penny of the compensation won for you, still I'm not complaining as originally I didn't think that I had a case at all.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Have you checked whether your home insurance covers legal expenses and some bank accounts offer extras like this.

Return to “HEROES”