Foreign bike sale advice

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
Bojer

Re: Foreign bike sale advice

Post by Bojer »

diggermanbob wrote:Hi Kito , he wants your signature , copy of your passport and bank details , walk away (thumbs)
Yep good point ! :huh:
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

I have moved funds back and forth to Germany for sales and purchases recently. All companies, but all that the other party needs is your full bank details to transfer funds to you. IBAN and something else that escapes me....

Funds sitting in your account is usually good enough for selling I have found, that or cash on collection.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Germans dont use paypal muchnlike the french...and very few stores except uk credit cards too...tell him to get on the plane or eurobus ....

Smells a bit kipper too me...if i buy owt in germany , i aak relatives to buy and ship to me and i pay them...family trust lol
Cone

Post by Cone »

I wouldnt entertain it at all, sounds like a scam. If something sounds dodgey before you start always er on the side of cautiousness and forget about it.
Uncle Buck

Post by Uncle Buck »

SteveR wrote:I have moved funds back and forth to Germany for sales and purchases recently. All companies, but all that the other party needs is your full bank details to transfer funds to you. IBAN and something else that escapes me....

Funds sitting in your account is usually good enough for selling I have found, that or cash on collection.
I work in banking in the payments side specifically. All he needs is your iban number and BIC/SWIFT code to transfer GBP. Once you have the cash in your account, it is irrevocable so you're safe. Tell him that's all you are willing to divulge at this stage. Once you have cleared funds, you can give his courier the part of the V5 that he needs and you send the rest off yourself. Send off the permanently exported bit not the new uk keeper bit.
Maljones

Post by Maljones »

I sold a land rover to a chap from Germany, deposit was by Paypal, no ther details other than my address for collection, I then informed dvla it had been exported and that was it, a lot of trust from both sides but no exchange of bank details or much else took place cash on collection.
kito

Post by kito »

I have been back in contact and I expressed my concerns. He has offered to put a £200 deposit in my PayPal while looking for a courier and to see if the courier can pay the cash on collection . I've said I don't want my passport details on the internet but I'll send him a copy of the v5 as it has the address that the courier would go to and he is ok with that.
Cone

Post by Cone »

Be aware there is a paypal vehicle scam google it first
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

Why risk it? I'm sure there's someone who lives in the UK who would like to buy your bike.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Let's cut to the chase. It's a scam. Tell him to F off, or just tell him cash on collection end of story.

Return to “HOW TO..........”